Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tuna, rice, whole-wheat spaghettini, stamps, and more!

Since I don't want to be rushed tomorrow, I decided to go out in the cold (I saw some snow outside, too) and get things done today - yay for relaxation! I went out the side door, which I noticed was being propped open by something, and cigarette smoke was wafting into the hallway. STUPID IDIOT SMOKERS... there is even a notice taped to the door which specifically says NOT to smoke on the other side of the side door. The stupid idiot had his cigarette lighter propping the door open (so he could get in later), and it had to get in MY way. I just glared at him on my way out - HONESTLY! It's not as bad as the time I was rushing to get to a volunteer job, and there were these two jabronies SITTING ON THE SIDEWALK enjoying a smoke, but really. Smokers are not above rules, people!

Went to Carlton Cards to get a bunch of blank cards for Committee use - since they were having a "buy one, get one half off" promotion, I got two boxes! To be sure, they were different... one had a black-and-white lab dog on them (twenty cards and envelopes), and the other (with ten) had a colorful "HELLO" on them. Then I saw a quirky wedding gift for my brother: The Husband Book: A Guy's Guide To Marriage by Harry Harrison Junior. I *had* to get it, and maybe I'll reproduce some tips here later on. (it isn't in mint condition, but it was the only copy...)

I got enough stamps at the post office to cover the cards, then was off to London Drugs after doing some banking. Got cheap store brand multivitamins (I have to watch my own money, too), Twinings lemon and ginger herbal tea (tisane!), and Queen of the Ocean canned tuna for the small group hamper project. I got some Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime herbal tea (Corey says his friend Jane likes it), whole-wheat spaghettini, two Santa Fe Uncle Ben's rice packages, and two packs of steel wool for myself. All in all, it was a productive time out even if my bank account took the most severe beating since last summer. I still have more than enough money in there, so that's a good sign!

Edit at 9: I was looking all over for the spaghettini, but according to this receipt, I didn't actually buy any! What the heck... maybe I really am losing it! I know I was looking at the boxes in London Drugs... HELP!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home