Tuesday, February 04, 2003

Pet peeve: moronic smokers!

Oh, and I encountered these two moronic jabronie idiots this morning. They were SITTING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SIDEWALK, oh so conveniently blocking all foot traffic. (they took up the whole sidewalk) Warmly wrapped up against the winter chill, of course.. and what were they doing? Was one of them hurt? No.. they were HAVING A SMOKE. Yes, you read that right, people.. they were sitting in the middle of the sidewalk casually "enjoying" a smoke.. And of course, the only options I had to get around them were either to step in the mud (but that would get me dirty), or risk dodging oncoming traffic in the road. (I chose the traffic option, by the way..)

I had half a mind to ask them WHAT THE BLOODY HELL they were doing in the middle of the sidewalk, having their smoke (but I was running late.. turned out that I maybe would have had time to ask them, since I missed my bus). What I found sort of ironic was that they were in front of a health sciences building, and right across the street from the hospital. Then one of them even had the nerve to wish me a good morning.. it's a good thing I didn't blast her for doing what she was doing. GRRR..

Look, aside from the obvious pollution, I don't really care if you have a smoke.. I recognize it's addicting and all. But do you honestly have to do it in the middle of a sidewalk? I mean, walking around smoking wouldn't bug me.. but SITTING DOWN in the middle of the sidewalk? What is this.. some kind of weird protest that nobody would get? I don't think so.. At least, if you want to smoke, you could go somewhere else. Or at least stand off to the side.. yes, even if it means YOU have to step in the mud. (or at least, find a clean spot in the grass or some off-to-the-side section of sidewalk that isn't in front of the health science building) There ARE other people who use the sidewalk and would appreciate not having to step in the mud. Sheeeeesh.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home