Friday, March 13, 2009

A button is not a screw!

Sam picked me up on time, right when I'd finished eating dinner. We talked a lot about the gang shootings being everywhere now, school, the MARTYRS book, plans to see THE WATCHMEN with Emily, skating tomorrow, Eric's luck at getting tickets to the L.A. hockey game (we ended up winning 4-2), there being more to the WATCHMEN story than action (he had to read it in school), Jon's wedding, how we all sat on Harmony, and more. When we got to the parkade, I pressed the second floor button: I've never done that before, so it was cool! Sam and I found out where the church library actually is, which is good - it's a little corner room! Saw Dylan borrow Phil's keys, who later thought a screw which fell on the floor was from one of my coat buttons: probably not, but I kept it just in case. Talked to Raymond about meetings and Monday's JACK BAUER episode: I'd have to watch it again to answer the questions he might have! (he missed some of it)

Talked to Cindy, and gave her my bit of the food hamper stuff since I won't be there in two weeks. I was going to give it to Kevin afterwards, but the guys all went to Superstore to price out food. The girls had fun with dessert ideas: Dianne LOVED Calla's cookbook, and I could tell that it would smell good. Jen loved looking through the various pictures of baked goods. Sheena, Jen, Dianne, Cindy, Calla, Lesley, Andrea T., Melia, Janette, Vivian, and I talked about the guys / lame announcements / stickers / way more stuff.

I had to correct Melia on her impression that Eric was allergic to sugar: he just can't really have it because of health issues, is all. Also got all "NG" on her when the conversation veered to TMI topics: I'm not going to apologize for taking something the totally wrong way! (double meaning) Talked about optometry, Pap smears, and more health stuff as well. After we were finished, I spent about an hour with the younger crowd. Talked to Andrea L. and Tony about Facebook: apparently, I take up Tony's news feed a lot, and he commented on it. So I joked that I could delete him as a friend. Andrea, Stanley, Joey, and others have been sucked into MAFIA WARS - Andrea figured that if Jon had Facebook, then she had to get back into it herself!

Ivan offered me their crackers, water bottles, baby carrots, Mexican chili chips, and dip: THANKS! Listened to them discuss Sonya's furniture, the gang shootings, F My Life (thanks to Vania), Daniel and haircuts, J-Mak shopping a lot, school, Henry and pizza, piano tuning (should ask Uncle Johnny for a better price on Sunday), and more. Amy accidentally put contact lens solution in her eye INSTEAD of eyedrops! Sarah, Emily, Cordia, and others pointed out her mistake. On the way home, I listened to Jeff Buckley's HALLELUJAH - such a good song! Ivan has interesting music taste (including a female covering McCartney's MAYBE I'M AMAZED), hehe. Talked about school, getting up early (makes him feel gross - I AGREE!), the Olympic rings, maybe saving power by putting color in later, the maple syrup with the Olympic mascots on it (where can we buy it?!), and more. It was a good night - I can be lazy tomorrow, hahaha.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home