Sunday, February 01, 2009

I support both purple and blue through my clothing choices!

I hate to think in Internet memes, but I had to do it this morning because of my mother's rather obvious perm. After saying hi to the family, I made a comment about it. Mom asked how I had EVER noticed it, to which I responded that it was kinda obvious. The next thing that popped into my head: "Obvious perm is obvious." HELP! Jon talked about Harmony's plan for moving her stuff over here, and other things related to that. I also helped Grandma with today's date (after she gave me $40 in lucky money) so she could put it on an offering envelope. When we asked Mom why she had permed her hair (other than helping to lead worship in service this morning), she said that she was preparing her hair for Jon's wedding! Then it came out that she didn't really like doing it, so Jon told her that she didn't have to do THAT for the wedding!

Once I got to church, I discussed the weekend with Raymond and Jeremy: skating, Phil timing people around the oval (my brother made it in 1:18), not wanting to bump into any kids, Andrew getting commemorative Olympics quarters from the Oval vending machines, Terry, food being good at the Friday dinner, not being able to make it to MissionsFest on time, etc. It was good to have a time to do that, heh. Greeted Sonya, Amasiah, and others as well - saw Jon's friend Andrea briefly. Turns out she was teaching Sunday School today... good deal. (from what I heard later on courtesy of Chrystal, it was pretty good - she sings well, apparently!)

Talked to Chrystal, Keenan (looking cute in a Chinese New Year outfit which used to be Ethan's), Joshua, Calla, Eric (who didn't have change for a $20 bill), Jon (buying something from Kieran and Microsoft), Jeremy (looking at someone's Computer Architecture / Calculus textbooks), Stanford, Isabel, and baby Mattias who seemingly likes his tasty knuckle! Stanford thought the baby liked his skin because it was salty - that can't be it since babies don't taste salty! Briefly talked to Anita (after dodging Noah) about my sister's stories while saying hi to Jeff and Allison - it's certainly better to know less rather than more, haha! Daniel asked if I'd be at the meeting; yup, even though some people wouldn't be going since we didn't have to meet quorum! Went to Sunday School (dodging Noah once more), where we had one new kid, and Watson cried when his mom left the room... first time he's done THAT. Arthur and Eric's mom is now going to English service, which is fine... got Auntie Fonda to fix the button issue, phew! To my surprise, Eric showed up at the toddler room door later, telling me to just give him the $20 since he was going to Subway, so he could get change there - fair enough!

I went to Mui's for lunch with my mom and grandma: it was pretty busy! People got their own soup, tea, orange sauce, and other things. There was some old man who kept coughing rather loudly, and I kept thinking that people who are obviously kinda sick should NOT be out in public... especially at a restaurant! Mom told me to hurry Grandma up while she got the car after lunch - sure, since I knew we were under time constraints. Unfortunately, she didn't take it too well: "I HAVE TO TAKE MY MEDICINE! Besides, YOU are drinking your tea, so it doesn't matter if I finish my almond drink!" Yikes!

Got back to church barely in time for the meeting to officially start, and gave my brother half a batch of greeting cards to sign. I should have given him all of them, haha - he was already joking that he'd get Christon to sign them for him... oh well! Shared some of my Fruit Source bites with people, and gave the $6 change to Christon on Eric's advice. Yeah, that works to have all my debt erased. Gleaned some important information from the annual reports (my reading material) - no more Benjamin Fellowship, wedding dates and new babies born as part of a Chinese fellowship's yearly calendar of events, and a typo for Chalaine's name calling her "Charlene" instead.

Pointed the typo out to Nathan, whom I'd moved closer to since Christon and Eric were busy being ballot counters / scrutineers. Discussed logo colors (purple won over blue by a very close vote - my dad was prepared with greyscale images!), T-shirts, "contributing to disasters" (we later figured that Katherine meant the world catastrophes like the earthquake and typhoon; NOT church-related calamities!), taxes, budgeting, and various construction building incidents. Interesting meeting, which took almost two and a half hours. Eric said that I supported both purple and blue through my toque and jacket - haha, sure! I just said I'd call him sometime on Friday, since I'm low-maintenance as a friend like that. ;)

One of the aunties was curious as to whether a friend had knitted the toque for me: not as far as I know! Ada offered me a ride home, so I took it unlike the time in December 2007 when I could have been home three hours earlier since I had plans with Eric for later in the day, and didn't know my dad had a meeting after lunch! It was cool, though. Dad joked that I didn't love the family anymore, haha. (Ian said that his brother Sean was "just only five - he likes watching!" when he was playing a game at his friend's house. Sean just said "MISSING! SPARK HANDBOOK!" Haha, cute!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home