Thursday, December 11, 2008

Grandma and her "NO GOOD" signal crack us up!

Genkobar added me to Facebook - sweet. Now I finally know his real name, but I ain't telling you people ANYTHING! Antonio Roco also added me for the blood games, but I'm not responding to THAT one!

At dinner, Jon and I were trying to convince Grandma that something (probably drinking Sierra Nevada wheat ale) was good. We gave her the thumbs-up signal... so she gave us a signal which consisted of just hooking her pinky out. Since we had no idea what that meant, we had to ask her. "That means NO GOOD!" I like that way of thinking: if a thumbs-up means VERY GOOD, then the opposite of that MUST be NO GOOD! *laughs*

Then we were trying to figure out what "clams" in Chinese was. Jon said he'd look it up, and then told Grandma to come over there. We saw images of clams, but she insisted they weren't the right ones - maybe surf clams? So Jon pulled those up on Google Image Search, and she insisted they weren't hoisin. Okay, whatever you say!

Jon left to go watch movies at Nathan's - since I refuse to call Nathan "Fat Kid," I told Grandma that he was at Jeremy's when she asked where he was. Then she wondered what they were doing - I temporarily forgot the Chinese word for "movie," so substituted "TV" instead. Good enough, but then she wondered why they couldn't just watch it at the townhouse. "Are they watching bad TV? His girlfriend wouldn't like it... are they also having beer?!" Hahahaha!

I've discovered that redrum has made its unwelcome appearance... UGH!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home