Sunday, December 07, 2008

Apparently, I'll be a layered ninja icicle! / BleachedCoho

Eric and Jon picked me up this morning, whereupon I went into a rant about next weekend. Not my best moment, but better them than my parents or random church people, mainly my parents' friends! Then we discussed the "exploitation" that happened last night - at least Jon got some amusement out of that! We were a bit late for service (saw Stella with baby Noah - a year old now!), so had to sit near the front. Noticed John and Ada in service; cool, even if I didn't get a chance to talk to them OR Raymond. Christon took Eric's bulletin - it turned out that he needed it later for Communion purposes, but I shared mine with him instead. Phil incorporated some childbirth references in his sermon, but I can guarantee that Grace will slap him if he ever said something like "it's only a very short time out of the duration of the entire pregnancy!" when she's in labor, haha. Had another rant about the usage of the word "grow" in the context of "Let's grow our patience!" *rage*

Talked to Karen and Jen in the fellowship hall about the church color, wood, a good use for the outer court, the lack of coffee places within reasonable walking distance, Tim Hortons, seeing everyone through the glass, and more. Went up to Dylan and asked him for cold weather tips: Calla says that temperature in Regina wouldn't faze her anymore after being in -50 weather for a time! DRESS IN LAYERS / BE A NINJA / SCARVES FOR DRY COLD, they all said... Richie didn't know why I was asking, heh. (we let him know, don't worry!) I told them that Jon had suggested strapping me to the roof of the car so I could prepare for the windy weather - um, no thanks! John, Jonathan, Margaret, Golden, Andrew, and other people loved the Christmas-themed Rice Krispie squares that Andrea brought to share. Discussed my trip with Chuck / Jeff (with baby Allison, also now one year old) / Mike / various other people. (I enjoyed Vanessa's imitation of Uncle Daniel: "Don't tell Christina [his wife]... ssh! I'm sneaking some chips!") Andrea and Chuck are going on Saturday too, and they'll miss the coffee / desserts night on the 19th!

Discussed things with Jen - it's a bit less painful for me, but still. It's a shock when you assume someone else is a good person, and they're really not! Good thing we both have trips coming up to distract us! We joined Christon, Jeremy, Jon, and Karen in critiquing various aspects of the church building, which Jen could invite her mom to now that it actually looks more complete! Jokes were made about distilling alcohol, casks of Scotch (Jeremy doesn't have any more Glenlivet!), green space in the outer court (so not like the depiction we were given months ago!), kids and balls (near the BRAND NEW windows?!), the concrete ledges, seals, and more. Jen's moving, and her mom and dad and friends are helping her with that - no movers except for the big stuff! Saw Auntie Karen - Trudy's in Hong Kong now?! Oh man, I never knew that! But then, it's been years since we knew each other!

Went to Sunday School, and we've changed rooms - the room's much bigger, which is definitely a plus. Last week's room was really small! When I finished with that, Eric was going up the stairs to collect me - sure, I'll go home early with him! Why not? Spares certain other people a rant which I already did! Ranted about that, Netspeak (I should never have talked to someone in the first place), BATMAN references, and other things on the way home. I'll become a human icicle, and not because I'm an icicle first - wonder what garbage people have been spewing... (also talked to Adam about his exams, and to Isabel about wasting time in sleep)


Hey, I finally got a COHO! Sweet! Had to cut the conversation short because of the Netspeak he was using - BLEH! (it's been cleaned up and edited!)

[14:29:16] BleachedCoho: Hey.
[14:29:28] AlenaBrolxFlami: Hey, I finally get a COHO! SWEET.
[14:29:37] BleachedCoho: who's this?
[14:30:01] AlenaBrolxFlami: I'm a random person that these bots connected you with. Are you on LJ?
[14:30:20] BleachedCoho: LJ?
[14:31:14] BleachedCoho: yo... what's good?
[14:32:42] AlenaBrolxFlami: I suggest you look at that to answer some of the questions you may have.
[14:35:36] BleachedCoho: that link's not comin' through..
[14:35:57] AlenaBrolxFlami: ah crap... must be a filter.
[14:36:59] AlenaBrolxFlami: go to l i v e
[14:37:06] AlenaBrolxFlami: j o u r
[14:37:10] AlenaBrolxFlami: n a l
[14:37:18] AlenaBrolxFlami: . c o m
[14:37:22] AlenaBrolxFlami: and look for
[14:37:23] BleachedCoho: all right.. got it through...
[14:37:35] AlenaBrolxFlami: t h e
[14:37:41] AlenaBrolxFlami: m i s s i n g
[14:37:44] AlenaBrolxFlami: h a t
[14:37:51] AlenaBrolxFlami: look for it in the info box
[14:39:47] BleachedCoho: all right... I just read it... sounds like the way you found me, though..
[14:41:43] AlenaBrolxFlami: I didn't "find" you - if anything, you messaged me first.
[14:41:54] BleachedCoho: ???
[14:42:33] BleachedCoho: naw... you're buggin'.... you messaged me first, yo...
[14:44:14] AlenaBrolxFlami: [14:29:16] BleachedCoho: Hey.
[14:29:28] AlenaBrolxFlami: Hey, I finally get a COHO! SWEET.
[14:44:38] BleachedCoho: huh?
[14:45:13] AlenaBrolxFlami: you messaged me first with "Hey." - although this does make it seem like the other person did it first.
[14:48:19] BleachedCoho: WHAT?.... you're the one who said "hey"..
[14:50:28] AlenaBrolxFlami: not from my end
[14:51:08] BleachedCoho: where are you from?
[14:52:42] AlenaBrolxFlami: Canada
[14:54:31] BleachedCoho: New York City..

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home