Saturday, December 06, 2008

Does sperm have guile?

High-scoring words of the night so far:

GUILE (180 points) - against Pat K. [4W, 5W]
SPERM (225 points) - against George M. [two 5W]


Eric came in for a bit at my insistence, and then we were off to figure out what we did not want to eat. We settled on Pho, which isn't quite as convenient anymore. At least we had some hot tea - yay! Went to church (parking across the street) while discussing random things like gas prices, the cold weather, how I didn't feel like freezing my butt off, regulating my sleep schedule, the two-hour time difference between here and Regina (YIKES!), turning my phone on (gonna have to do that for tomorrow anyway), and more similar material. Talked to Raymond about MSN / Gmail, Facebook scarecrows (flowers or SuperPokes?), the new Wordscraper board design, Christmas parties with over 300 people and not enough cutlery, my sister / Vanessa, and more... I also gave Maisie a LOOK when she tried talking to me about stuff. I know that I probably shouldn't have, but I wasn't in much of a mood to be sociable except with select people.

Played HUMAN BINGO as an icebreaker, which was an interesting way of getting to know people. Almost everybody should know that I read books for fun, or check my Facebook every day! Briefly discussed things with Jen - we can always talk later! Greeted Karen, and also talked to Kevin / Richie / Chuck / Andrea T. / Christon / Dawn / Calla / Pastor John / Vivian. Bible Study was cool enough - Melia brought Timbits, Dylan brought pop and some General Tao chicken chips from Superstore (I took half a bag of Buffalo Wings with Ranch home), and we had a good discussion.

Cindy's mentor teacher is funny: "I'm in so much pain right now that I really want to swear, but I can't because of YOU!" That also shows a respect for her belief system, which at least is a good thing! Dylan told us that the Canucks had won 2-1 against the Minnesota Wild, because the score just popped up on his phone while he was checking something else... hahaha. Later, I high-fived Chris since he liked my Santa hat... also waved to Martin T. and Emily T., and said hi to Sabrina. Danny told me that he wasn't in pain... well, that's always good even if the conversational snippet I overheard between him and Benedict was about being hurt! :P

Raymond said that he didn't know Janette and her family lived on the same street as he did - that's gotta be good for ride purposes like tomorrow night's dinner! Bantered with Janette about SuperPokes, educated her sister Andrea about peri-peri chips (SO SPICY!), and was surprised that Stanford was actually here since his work usually goes LATE on Fridays! Eventually got out of there, and Jon discussed wedding centrepieces with Harmony: "We should have DURIAN for a fragrant reception hall - Sarne, it won't stink it up! (oh yeah, #4 / Alderbridge is a big joke...) Or maybe blackberries, oysters, and dandelions to pay homage to endangered species! I know you'll complain about the oysters being too slimy and gross, though. By the way, here's a message from Eric: *farting noise into phone* Wait, he says he's trying to play air trumpet!" Crazy night... and more tomorrow!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home