Sunday, November 30, 2008

It would be treacherous if the Singing Christmas Tree were real...

High-scoring word of the night so far:

YUK (291 points) - against Pat K. [5W, 4W]


I got a bit less sleep than I'd have liked, but I must say that I kept an admirable rein on my temper this morning, haha. Mom asked me a bunch of questions about money (I gave her half the money once I was settled, thanks) which I no longer remember. I figure it would be better to be a bit patient even though I really wanted to sleep - although I did almost snap at my brother when he called! Went to church, but found that someone was sitting in my coveted spot - I talked to Richie instead about whereabouts and church longevity, and someone passed me an invite to Elaine and Matt's Vancouver wedding reception. Good thing Richie knows my name after only two weeks, and also that Tony is finally starting to call me by name too. I remember his being momentarily confused a while back: "You have another sister, Jon?! What?!" Hahaha.

Chatted to Raymond for a bit about Akeelah and the Bee - you WISH that I'd heard about it since it covers a spelling bee, hahaha. Reminds me of a book I used to have, actually. (or the SPELLBOUND documentary) He said that I'd put a good word down in Wordscraper (ZOO) - well, I kinda had too many vowels! At least we have that method of interaction, heh. Saw Eric and Jeremy, but they were busy talking to Ivan's mom about singing or something. Had a grand total of ONE (Mandarin) toddler in Sunday School, who came midway through Auntie Fonda's rant about lazy people at her work and others who just don't like her. (invoices, accounts receivable, drivers, and such... oh my!) The toddler room is small compared to some of the other classrooms, but we'll make do!

We were finally allowed to go upstairs (all the classrooms are there), and it was cool - the Seniors Lounge has a TV, as discovered by Michelle. "That's not fair!" Nope! Said hi to Ada, Sean, Wilson (who remembers me but not Frances), Mary, Winnie, Cindy (who got my email about stuff I should put in the PAST), Tony, Calla, Johnny, Auntie Ping, and some others. Auntie Grace introduced me and Jon to one of the Mandarin youth while Stanford used a dolly to move boxes from one side of the "mini-bar" to the other: yay for being resourceful! Christon said that we congregated in the most inconvenient places - at the bottom of the ramp at the old building, and now at the bottom of the stairs! (when there would be more space twenty feet in either direction) A bunch of people were taking pictures, and Julie hailed me to ask about my Facebook display picture - it's the anime menstruation one! Sylver didn't know what that was, so I explained it to her... maybe Julie needs to explain things better, I don't know. Or maybe I can get her brother to show her the picture! *evil laugh* (I have her email address, but I'd rather not bomb it, hehehehe)

Discussed the Singing Christmas Tree ("it would be cool if it were a REAL tree!"), Danielle and Grace dancing, Harmony in town, locations for the engagement party ("the amazing beer selection is the most important thing!"), a concert tonight, Nathan's GRE, Sonny's broad definition of boredom, our trip in two weeks, and more. Mike T. figures I can wear four toques, then my Santa hat, which Quan liked - too bad it doesn't blink, like Andrea thought! Maybe I'll have to do that, after wearing the same number of sweaters, hahaha! We ate lunch so late that Viv and her family were exiting Mui's at the same time we entered, heh. Then we went around doing things before we finally headed home. (if you combine Jon and Harmony's favorite colors of orange and green, the wedding will be very... interesting!)

Just got a phone call from 250-574-2874... no idea who that is, but they need to stop it if it's who I think it may be! At least I had a bit of a nap upon getting home! Erik also needs a nickname, haha.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home