Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Apartment rejection / Quintuplets!

Why am I up so early? I blame my upstairs neighbors being louder than usual when going through their morning routine... that, and the weird noises I keep hearing which sound like the heater! (hope it's not the MICE again!) Rejected a possible apartment because it wasn't central enough... I should probably have taken it, but I like being relatively close by things like the store and bus stops in case I need to get anywhere! All I can say is that I better get some sleep later on, otherwise I'll be CRAP at dinner and Nate's tonight! (when we watch people celebrate the New Year by being crazy, haha)

Can't wait for 2008 to be gone for obvious reasons... bring on 2009! At least I can now email Eric without the worry of a crazy timestamp, although I have done that before! (like, a LONG time ago when I was up because of Jolt Cola!)


Quintuplets!

NEW YORK - They're first-time parents - five times over.

A set of quintuplets was born Saturday at Staten Island University Hospital, spokesman Christian Preston said. He said the four girls, one boy, and their mother were doing well. Preston declined to give the family's name, but Tony Scherillo told the Staten Island Advance the parents are his daughter and son-in-law, Jamie and Kevin Ferrante.

"Everybody was ecstatic" on learning that the new parents were expecting five babies, said Scherillo, 67. "Nobody could believe it."

The babies - all delivered within six minutes by Caesarean section - ranged in weight from one pound, eight ounces, to about two pounds, four ounces, the newspaper said. It gave their names as Allesia Louise, Amanda Frances, Ella Lilliana, Emily Ann, and Matthew Sabatino.

Fertility treatments have made multiple births more common in recent decades, but quintuplets remain rare. The federal government's National Center for Health Statistics tallied 68 quintuplet and higher-order births in 2005, compared to more than 400 quadruplets, 133,000 twins, and 4.1 million births overall.

Hospitals in Houston, Phoenix, and Annapolis (Maryland) also reported quintuplet births this year.

Saturday's quintuplet birth was a first for the Staten Island hospital, Preston said.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home