Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Post #4900: Let's wear togas to the wedding!

Post #4900 - only 100 away from 5000!

Earlier today, I got a weird phone call from New Jersey: 1-732-526-0154, anyone? Via Gmail chat, I learned that Raymond also wanted to give up in our current Wordscraper game. However, I won't permit him to do that. He'll just have to rack his brain for 100-point words, haha! Also got a Christmas card from Marilynn (headless_maids), which was nice.

The family dinner went well - I did have to mince along in the snow to get to the Subaru, and there was more wet snow when we left the restaurant! Was introduced to a bunch of people by Auntie, and said hi to Holly / Harmony / Brit / Myles / Peter... of course I was polite, haha. My grandma made a side comment to me about how Harmony's grandfather had big ears, and my mom wondered to me whether some woman was fat or pregnant... keep that to yourself, people! The dinner started at 6, but we didn't get any food till past 7:30 - that's normal, though. Jon just called Nathan (who got free pizza for helping a delivery driver get unstuck from the snow) and Eric in the meantime: Mom wondered if Eric ate curry, but of course he does. He eats everything that's not on his list of restricted foods, hahaha. She mentioned a "blinky" (read BLINGY) sweater, and Auntie Esther's gift... tomorrow, man! Talked to Holly's sister-in-law Suzanne, and her father-in-law Jimmy sounds like a gregarious sort of man. (her mother-in-law Phyllis has been overseas since November!) Jon was amused because our place cards had "Kitty's Mom" instead of Grandma's name, haha. They also had a friend named Kareen, which reminds me of Joe Wu's mom!

Discussed raw dog, so I told Holly not to invite my dad over to her place if she didn't want Varley to be eaten - too late! Of course, he was a guest, so he couldn't do what he wanted. Jon joked that he'd get Korey to be one of his groomsmen along with Eric / Nathan / Jeremy - that would be very awkward indeed if he were being serious! I told him about recent developments, and he figured that it would have to come with time... too right! Certain locations aren't exactly central for me, for sure. Talked about tuxedos, the church location, New Year's Eve plans (Dave, Auntie Grace, and Uncle George?!), homemade red wine, football, IIHF hockey and Kazakhstan, Vancouver losing 3-2 to the Philadelphia Flyers, cops, guns, TOGAS for the wedding (Harmony REALLY doesn't like that idea!), being sick of chicken because Indonesian cuisine doesn't include pork, feeding New York steak and cheese to the dog, and more.

Got home to discover Corey talking smack about Harmony's last name, so I had to put him in his place. Chinese Eric said hi, and so I talked to him for a while. Jon doesn't think much of his idea: "Booze / BT ..... get the Groom drunk out of his mind Bachelor party @ Broadway Church" - it got Eric sorta disinvited from the wedding, haha. Guess we'll see what happens in the future! (I kinda need to move, but would prefer a central location for obvious reasons!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home