Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Dream: Drinking problems in Powell River

High-scoring words of the day so far:

AIRFARE (130 points) - against Angela V. [5L on F; 5W]

Interesting rack of the day: TINFUCK, against Chris W. o_O


Had a weird dream, which started out at someone's house. I was sleeping on the couch, and then decided to just get up without really getting dressed for the day. My brother thought it was a bit "sketch," but all right. However, my dad (in a dress shirt) ordered me to get changed; I refused, and further told him that I wasn't going to go to Powell River. My brother attempted to explain the logistics of this one to me: "If you don't go, that means we need to find another person! If you do, we won't need to - but another person might be a good idea anyhow! I know you don't want to go... hell, even *I* don't want to go. But just do it for peace!" Dad just said that we'd find another person anyway since I was being so obstreperous [a word he probably wouldn't know in real life] about it!

Then I went to another part of the house, while thinking that I'd rather go with someone else - in fact, I'd go anywhere with this other person, even if someone else always wanted me to travel with him. A bunch of people were getting ready to go out, and invited me to go along. I accepted, particularly since my crush was in the group! First, I went to a friend's room to borrow some of her shiny clothes. My brother approved of this new outfit, while my dad didn't - I took my brother along with the group. We stopped by someone's place so they could retrieve things needed for this outing, such as a wrench and pliers. (no, we were not robbing other people of their valuables! :P) While there, I fell asleep in someone's arms - this was very comforting. Afterwards, he asked if I were okay to continue. Of course, especially since that experience was quite unlike something else I had with other people!

Later, we went to a theatre which was in a building which was a combination of the old church and my high school. Alison (in her dark blue jean jacket) assessed my acting ability, and pronounced it good enough to be an understudy in a huge production. Just before the show was about to start, we could peek through the curtain and see the audience. We were all presented with complimentary drinks - actually, a huge pitcher of alcoholic drink was served to us! (with plenty of ice for everyone) Someone with cute curly red hair and blue eyes drank too much and passed out on a bench JUST as we were getting ready to start. We had to cover (for) him, and decided to take him to task after the show.

However, someone else chose that moment to make a presentation to an inspirational teacher: a black-and-white motivational poster dedicated to someone who lived from 1888-1910. That made 38 years, according to someone's very bad math! The teacher had played football, encouraged the squad to quit smoking, and even had a lighter in case things needed to be set on fire! Then we finally got through to the kid with the drinking problem. Other people were having a shouting match next to the file cabinets in the hall, about the very same thing. Harleen tried NOT to get involved, but she couldn't help it. I woke up when we were trying to explain to the kid that drinking was fine IN MODERATION! No idea why I had the dream - odd! (other than seeing Alison's icon all over the place when I peruse Facebook :P)


Writer's Block: The Wrath of Ohrwurm
German has a word for everything, like ohrwurm. Translated literally as "earworm" in English, it's the word for songs that get stuck in your head and won't go away. What earworm of a song do you most dread burrowing into your head?
View other answers.
It's A Small World, or Christmas songs way before time!

Your rainbow is shaded blue, yellow, and indigo.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

What is says about you: You are a proud person. You appreciate optimism. You're good at getting people to like you. You share hobbies with friends and like trying to fit into their routines.

Find the colors of your rainbow at spacefem.com.






You Are a Ragdoll Cat



You are extremely cute and cuddly. You are downright adorable.

Your personality matches your exterior. You are very laid back and sweet.



You don't really like the outdoors. You prefer to stay inside where it's cozy.

Luckily, you are the perfect houseguest. You are polite and obedient.







You Are a Pilgrim



Like the pilgrims, you've felt persecuted for your beliefs from time to time.

You have a strong sense of right and wrong. Your morality sometimes makes you feel out of step with the modern world.



You may not go as far as moving across the world, but you still identify with the pilgrims.

Well, except for the whole stealing land and killing Indians thing.







What Your Thanksgiving Meal Says About You



When it comes to the holidays, you follow and love the big traditions. You look forward to them every year.



You see the holidays as a time to think about what's important to you. It's a good time to reflect and regroup.



You like the aspects of the holiday that remind you of your childhood - opening presents, treats, and old favorite foods.



During the holidays, you are likely to feel comforted. At your worst, you feel a bit over-indulgent.



You consider yourself a big kid, and you're proud of it.



You tend to spend your holidays doing everything and anything. You really get into the holiday spirit.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home