Thursday, October 23, 2008

You bet I can type quickly! / Hairdryer-like instruments in your mouth / BBT Tally

High-scoring word of the day so far:

RETAX (120 points) - against Valinda B. [5W, 2W]


I was looking for my wallet / debit card and watch earlier. Finally found them, under Nicholas and Alexandra. Ha, I *knew* I didn't do anything untoward with them!

The man beside me at the library says I type quickly - you bet I do since I'm the typing QUEEN! It must be from years of frantic IM conversation - and I still remember that one random person who wanted me to respond to ONLY him because it was a waste of his energy to be kept waiting. Yeah, shut up! I also remember the old man in this very library years ago, who complained because I was typing too loudly. Just keep your comments to yourself!

Speaking of keeping comments to yourself, I dislike overly inquisitive dentists who ask you questions in the middle of working on you. Sure, they do need to know some things, but can't they keep it till after the procedure as far as is possible? It also doesn't help when they leave you alone for five minutes while they listen to some guy talk about (as far as I could tell) some new tooth breakthrough. Yikes! I was kinda glad for the break initially, but grew more impatient as the minutes crawled by. They injected my teeth with filling, and then used a device that looked like a mini hairdryer with an orange barrier at the top... with a LOT of air from a big air tube to make sure it held. Interesting stuff... now, I'm off to Safeway to buy the biggest box of pasta I can find!

Man, my parents are gonna get a shock this weekend if they call me and find my number's out of service. That's what the receptionist AND an assistant asked me about as soon as I made my appearance at the dental office today. "Is your phone number still the same?! Has it been changed?!" I was not pleased at having to explain to them that SOMEONE ran up the bill. At least things are fine, in that I actually remembered my appointment! I also remembered CIBC bank machines, PINs, and more.

Cathy, Chris, Rick R., and Todd sent me Facebook messages. I'm glad Chris has come up with a name for his fish, haha! Rick S. added me for the blood games, too. The only reason I'm at the Oakridge Library is that I needed to do something with my zero-usage tags which I couldn't do at home. Yay for doing things because I want to! My work here is done, even if it involves receiving an Evite to a November birthdays celebration at Melia and Angus' new place on Tuesday, Nov. 11 at 4! Not sure HOW I'll make it there, or even IF... but we'll see!

Also had a kiwi bubble tea at L&G, so I'll record the bubble tea tally now also.

MONTHLY BUBBLE TEA TALLY, SEPTEMBER 2008 (2)

pudding @ Tri-Ty (Thursday, September 11) [thanks to Steve]
strawberry-mango @ Big Orange (Friday, September 26)


MONTHLY BUBBLE TEA TALLY, OCTOBER 2008 (1)

kiwi @ L&G (Thursday, October 23)


Edit at 6: I'm home! Since the big box of pasta was on sale, I allowed myself to get one big box of Cheerios as well. Yay for the 496!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home