Saturday, October 04, 2008

First fold-away bathroom?! SWEET!

Bingo of the day so far:

INCHOATE (73 points) - against Larry G.


High-scoring words of the day so far:

GOURDS (200 points) - against Beverly D. [two 5W]
JATOS (165 points) - against Linda B. [two 3W; hook off WELTER for a plural]
QUINT (142 points) - against Amy K. [5W, 2W; EN]


I'm going to delete a KIDNAP! request from Amanda B. because of a Rihanna reference contained within. I've had enough of that stupid UMBRELLA song! *rage* Helped Michelle with Phil's number, too. Gonna go to my sister's - Jon says someone brought ROCK BAND over, haha.

This is from my ArcaMax Weird News email:

----------- First fold-away bathroom invented -------------

BRADFORD, England - A British designer said he was inspired to create the first fold-away bathroom by the limited space in many apartments throughout Britain. Designer Paul Hernon said after his research indicated bathroom space in homes and rentals was limited, he went about creating the world's first bathroom that can simply be folded up to save space, the Daily Telegraph said Friday. "I did lots of research and it became obvious to me that bathroom space was decreasing, particularly in apartments," he told the newspaper. The 38-year-old inventor's creation is an 8-foot-tall metal column whose shower attachments, storage units, and toilet all rotate out for use. Once an individual's bathroom activities are concluded, the items swivel back into place and form a unit that takes up less space than conventional bathroom units. Hernon told the Telegraph that the most alarming consumer aspect of his creation is its weight, as the Vertebrae weighs in at 330 pounds, meaning the floor beneath it may need to be reinforced to support its weight.



On a similar note:

* Tech Support: "Thank you for calling tech support, how may I help you?"
* Customer: "Yes, is this the help desk?"
* Tech Support: "Yes sir, it is; how may I help you?"
* Customer: (in a very strained and excited voice) "I can't go to the bathroom!"

Understandably, I was shocked.

* Tech Support: "Sir... I am not sure what your definition of a help desk is, but I don't believe I am qualified to help you with that problem."
* Customer: "You have to. The nearest bathroom is broken, and the toilet is overflowing. I don't know what to do. Send someone up to repair it."
* Tech Support: "Sir, we only do troubleshooting on computers, not bathrooms and toilets."
* Customer: "But it's the same thing!"
* Tech Support: "Um, no... it's not."
* Customer: "It is too! It's repairing things! Now I want someone up here right now."
* Tech Support: "It's two entirely different things. Computers run on electricity and have hundreds of parts. Toilets run on water."
* Customer: "It's an emergency! Can you send someone up to fix it?"
* Tech Support: "Sir, might I suggest that you use another bathroom?"
* Customer: "AGH! I CAN'T USE ANOTHER BATHROOM! I HAVE TO GO NOW! GET SOMEONE UP HERE NOW!"

I put him on hold. For about three minutes. I hate to be screamed at.

* Tech Support: "Sir, I cannot. I have no way to do that. I fix computers. Not toilets."
* Customer: (rant, rant, rave, rave)
* Tech Support: "I'm sorry, I really can't help you."
* Customer: "Oh gosh... oh, my pants!" (click)


HAHAHAHAHA! OH MAN!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home