Sunday, September 28, 2008

ROCK BAND 2 is way fun!

Hey, Gabrielle H. added me to Facebook - sweet!

Auntie Catherine picked me up: I had strawberry-blueberry juice, satay beef noodles, lemon tea, and some of her rice for lunch. Then we went to see what snacks we could get - dried plums, dried hibiscus flower, and more weird dried stuff were NOT the order of the day for me! Was interesting, though! Right when I got home, Eric knocked on the window - off to Citrus' it was, with the requisite Riverview jokes! It didn't help that I was joking around about cannibalism and K, haha. Talked about the hockey pool, avoidance, recognizing Skytrain stations, Christmas (Way), and other stuff. First pick overall and NOT sleeping in are bonuses, I agree!

Went upstairs to see the girls playing some Therapy board game that Danielle got for Christmas last year. It could take FOREVER, with Group Therapy / Birth Trauma / Therapy Offices / Psychosis / Thinkblots / other things. After about an hour spent discussing the game and girly stuff, I went downstairs to check out the current incarnation of ROCK BAND 2. (they were doing Bikini Kill's REBEL GIRL, Linkin Park's ONE STEP CLOSER, EYE OF THE TIGER, Duran Duran's HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF, Elvis Costello's PSYCHO KILLER [Mike MANGLED the French part!], etc.) Later on, I even sang! Not that I did a great job on Nirvana's DRAIN YOU, but I could have done a passable one on Alanis Morissette's YOU OUGHTA KNOW. Heck, I had the angst necessary for that - and possibly for the Guess Who's AMERICAN WOMAN! ("get away from me!") There was some Rush song about oaks and maples that NOBODY got, and Rich was the first to be confused! (then everyone had to do Bon Jovi's LIVIN' ON A PRAYER on Expert mode - TOO INSANE, said Citrus!)

Eventually, we all crowded into the kitchen for dinner: shepherd's pie, pizza, and veggies it was! Paid Christon the money I owe him, and I'll chase him down for change tomorrow at church since he didn't have any right then. Re-discovered that Cordia and I loved morbid stuff: hey, it's not ALL bad! We were all amused at Cordia circumventing the system by just talking into the mike / amplifying the drums during the Red Hot Chili Peppers' GIVE IT AWAY. If she can just be random and not really have to sing, all the better! Then we watched Cordia play NINJA GAIDEN - it was violent, with blood spatters all over the place! Talked about Pokemon, online forums, CHRONO TRIGGER, DRAGON WARRIOR, MARIO games, Cheechoo being a Pokemon, Winter Conference, live streaming of the Canucks game, and more. It was an interesting night, and perhaps reminiscent of the ones at Anthony's and Fred's last year! (the former was most memorable because of HAIRSPRAY and GUITAR HERO, and the latter was most memorable because of ROCK BAND and Jeremy's analysis of stuff, haha - there were other things, too!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home