Sunday, September 28, 2008

Yup, it's the penultimate time we'll meet at THIS building!

High-scoring words of the day so far:

QIS (300 points; two 5W) - against Pat K.
JOB (315 points) - against Raymond C. [two 5W, hook to make OD]
GENTOO (21,875 points; five 5W), WORD (1000 points; three 5W), AMP (920 points; three 5S, hook off ROW to make PROW), BIG (150 points; two 5W), REV (150 points; two 5W), VOLT (875 points; three 5W) - against Alice P.
CAKED (112 points) - against George M. [2W, 4W]
OWING (100 points) - against Hitomi S. [5W, 2W]
WILD (111 points) - against Rory O. [two 3W; hook off ETHERS to make WETHERS]

Interestingly enough, Pat started a TOTALLY BLANK board with me - should be a neat change of pace! [yes, that means NO MULTIPLIERS!]


My mom came up with an interesting way for me to inject more travel into my life: why not go to Regina? Sounds like something important, so I may just do that! If Jon goes in the evening, I might do that - traveling with my parents might be too stressful, heh. Not sure about Grandma, since her health isn't too great at present. She referred to Angus by his last name; good thing I know who she means! Later, she asked me about the extra bag I had: I didn't bother telling her that it wasn't for me, although it was from Auntie Catherine. I'm sure she would have lectured me about "asking her to drive all the way to Richmond," so left it out of the equation! (it was HER idea, but I'm sure my not demurring would count against me somehow) People know Steph's back for this weekend - YAY FOR HOUSE GATHERINGS! (Mom kept referring to 2010 as "210" - that was literally AGES ago!)

Went to church, and waved hi to Raymond while discussing last night with Jon and Jeremy. Joey and Emily had to go early last night because of a dinner, but at least they got SOME time in! Raymond said he wasn't sure which free gift to give Tony on Facebook - I wouldn't know about that myself! Discussed hell, work, not knowing answers to questions, the popular depiction of hell as the Devil with a pitchfork, healing, the corn maze, Wordscraper / no vowels / swapping tiles and getting back consonants for consonants (NOT GOOD), and other things while saying hi to Auntie Esther and Uncle Patrick. (YAY for talking to Raymond and Jeremy!) We were amused by the mistakes of the audio-visual people, and I said hi to Jenica while talking to Michelle about nocturnal shifts. Talked about debt, mortgages, the financial crisis in the States, and more in service. Shared my bulletin with Jeremy, who was actually sitting on his the entire time!

As I went down the ramp after Tim and his sons, I wished Tony a happy birthday: he's not doing much for it except helping the church with packing and moving. Saw Denise, who's back for TWO MONTHS - said hi to her brother Brian too! Christon eventually paid me back my $2, while Tony told me that he didn't have any money for the banquet ticket since all his available cash usually goes to grocery shopping! Grace and I spent some time with Hannah - she already wants her mom to take the new baby back to the hospital, and it's not even BORN yet! (due at the end of October) Connor had a good grip on my finger for a bit - yay, healthy baby!

While a bunch of us were blocking eight-month-pregnant Karen's way down the ramp, we all sang HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Tony... reminded me of a bunch of people singing the same to me a few years ago, prominently Jeremy and my sister, haha! Saw Annie and her two kids as well: so many babies and kids! Tony decided to go bowling with some of the CSC guys: Jon and I were amused by his response to my question about whether his brother knew. "He will!" Hahaha, oh dear. We wondered where Eric was - Jon thought he'd be sleeping OR sick, so had to get Martin to help with the offering count! (checked in with him when I got home - he's still alive, which is GOOD!) He did joke around yesterday that Cordia should be the church's new bass player since she got a 249-note streak on some song: I'm SURE Pastor John would LOVE to let her borrow his bass, haha!

Sunday School was fine as usual, only little Arthur actually held my hand all by himself! I found that cute, since he evidently likes me despite my speaking to him in English! (he doesn't understand it) He actually talked a bit after he had half a Chinese dessert - maybe it was the sugar. Since he wanted me to sit with him, I did - I experienced a good feeling, like I did when Aidan sat in my lap over a year ago now, AND when Ian held my hand when HE was about two or three himself! (memories...) Watson suddenly said something about how the Vancouver police would get you - maybe he's scared about that! Arthur also appeared to love my blue shiny shirt with sequins, and my flowered Sunday hat: just wait till Christmas when I can mesmerize you with my jeweled shirt and Santa hat!

After talking to Cindy about the church moving / sentimental feelings, I talked to Sonny about school while he and Jeremy were discussing George Orwell books. He wondered where his brother was, so I told him while Jeremy went into the church. I like how we take new people under our wing! Nathan, Jon, Jeremy, and I were amused by Christon's way of keeping his money organized - sure, just get the tiniest Ziploc bag you can find for your dollar bills and change! When they discussed curry, I wished Jeremy and Christon a happy early birthday - Jeremy then mentioned to Jon that I was the only one who apparently remembered. Jon protested that he'd said something earlier.

Dylan asked me about packing stuff up - ask my dad about it in the next two days! Jeremy then grinned and said that he should NEVER have told me about his birthday - TOO LATE! (it's like when Dylan told me to forget he ever told me about his birthdate when we first met in 2001 or so... you're asking the WRONG PERSON, new friend of mine!) A bunch of them went to Pho, but Sonny elected to wait for Jon - he got stranded for his trouble (no money?), so I took him to the restaurant before leaving with my family. (I need to tell Chuck something later on, too...) Talked about Regina and stuff with my mom at lunch: I've been tasked with finding out about Regina weather in mid-December by my dad, heh. GRANDMA ACTUALLY ATE RICE WITHOUT COMMENT, AND WAS SUPPORTIVE OF MY WONTON MEIN! (AWESOME!) Now I'm telling Corey that I'm thankful for the angst to fuel my Alanis performance, hehe.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home