Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I will make my OWN fun!

Nathan picked me up late, as I thought he would. Didn't matter to me! When we got there, he had to pay the "penalty" and say grace for us all, haha. Talked to Vivian, Eric, Jeremy, Nathan, and Jon about a bunch of stuff: relationships, hockey pool drafting at 6 AM Sunday and how it affected the worship team (Jon has nobody that would be affected!), Emily x2, Margaret, Stanley, parties, Brown Social House, context, Nathan eating a LOT of prawns (everyone just dumped their shells onto his plate - my brother HAD to take a picture of them!), rings, Harmony, weddings, June, blackberry ice cream, purple yam ice cream, and whether Kenneth or Kelvin had one more kid. Nathan tried looking it up on Facebook - nothing! "You think he'd advertise the kid... Daisy doesn't look pregnant in this Vegas picture, or they'd take the baby with them!" He asked me what Kelvin's wife's name was (Evelyn), and withstood my mom's joking that he should get on the business of getting married and having kids. (he and Kenneth are the same age) Definitely not by the year's end - he's content to let Jon get married first! Eventually, my mom had to call Auntie Stella to figure out this question: It was KELVIN who had the second kid, haha! ("Maybe KAREN [their sister] has two sons we don't know about!")

Harmony also seemed very confused when I answered the phone, then Nathan, and then Eric - she couldn't hear us very well, which contributed. Vivian thanked me for the eggs I sent her on Facebook - it is fun to wonder what they'll hatch into! Jon loved the squash soup, and commented that Christon would love the consecutive squash-filled Sunday dinners! I laughed and said that Steph would mock-complain about all the squash discussion in her email when it came to Sunday Dinner invite time! It was an okay night, I suppose. I can make my own fun next week, and I am determined to do that! (Steve and I are going out sometime this week for pizza and a movie - it'll be fun!) We learned about certain pre-wedding ceremony stuff in the Chinese tradition (9 is a better number than 8?! NO 4!), and had some prosciutto in the soup - Vivian couldn't have that, but she could have the salmon and everything else! Eric just couldn't have the ice cream, coffee, or anything else with sugar in it: apparently, Dad didn't know about it, or just forgot. At least I sent my Evite out just now, so we'll see who replies! (Karen said she's NOT going...)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home