Sunday, September 07, 2008

Glenlivet Scotch and turducken

High-scoring word of the night so far:

JUNKIE (416 points) - against Danielle L. [two 4W, plus a 3L on J]


For clarification purposes: "Jon" is Jon H. My brother is "my brother" or "the ugfart."

Eric picked me up after 6, and he took great pleasure in bugging me about SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA. I don't think that would be my type of show! He also thought I had a keg party before dinner; I never do that, thanks! I told him what I'd done this afternoon (he was NOT impressed), and asked about his: it involved WORLD OF WARCRAFT; not surprising! Also discussed names I really don't like, even if my reasons are irrational / indescribable / "weird." We got to Jeremy's, and greeted Mark, in town for a family friend's wedding. My brother came later on with Dallas, whom he'd supposedly picked up off the street as a random straggler - the poor guy had just finished the MCAT yesterday! Seems Jeremy's parents were discussing what Jon did when he was invited to a dinner: SURE he picks up random people for these events! Shook hands with Jon, and wished him a happy early birthday since his is on Tuesday. Tony and Sonny came after asking for directions (as usual), met a bunch of Jon's friends (DUPLICATE NAMES!), and fielded a call from Lesley while my brother was in the beer cellar with Dallas.

While we were discussing duplicate names, everyone thought it quite funny when I answered Lesley's phone call with "Hi, Lesley - this is Leslie." The ugfart asked whether she was coming: she is if she asked for directions! Dallas had actually met another person with his name in rez recently, so that seemed cool. He had to get up EARLY for the exam, and spent some time telling us about it. The turducken was all right: seems some of us were expecting the three meats (turkey / duck / chicken) on top of one another, but that proved not to be the case. It was wrapped in bacon to keep the flavor and moisture in, and THAT had some maple in it! Sonny, Jeremy, Lesley, and I discussed the first week of school: go join clubs, or read more English books! Jer recommended ANIMAL FARM, and then NINETEEN EIGHTY-FOUR, and asked if I wanted my drunk book back. Mark was interested in it, but I didn't want it back right then. It's fine if Jer finished it, since I know he can be counted on to give it back - the fact that he asked is something! Later, my brother said: "What's that on your plate, Sonny?" [it was ice cream, swirled around] Mark overheard this, and started laughing. He thought the ug was referring to Sonny by a generic nickname... clarification came when it was revealed that Sonny was his actual name! HAHAHAHA!

We discussed Internet fads and macros (ALL YOUR BASE, THE CAKE IS A LIE, being Rick Rolled, Cyanide and Happiness, etc.), FAIL BOATS, Tony's Sept. 20 birthday gift being four heads of different sorts of lettuce, Tuesday's dinner at the townhouse, moving stuff from the old church building to the new one, driving / walking across the Trans-Canada Highway, Eric wanting to enjoy our alcohol vicariously, and Dallas actually drinking some of Jeremy's homebrew to celebrate or honor the occasion of turducken / Jon's birthday / Eric's birthday. Jon told Mark that Nathan REALLY lacked a red-face enzyme, haha! The port put Mark to sleep, and I liked the Camembert cheese better than the Havarti - must be the white "shell," haha. Some people tried the toffee ice cream that I bought, which I kept referring to as TOFU ice cream, but only to Eric. I was just a bit tipsy at that point on some homebrew and oaked ale, haha. Some of us agreed that we could die now that we'd had turducken, hehe. (discussed chicks, sex, and more...)

Jeremy asked Sonny if he were underage [he's only 16, private house party or not!], then asked Tony if we could get his brother drunk since Tony is Sonny's guardian! [WE ARE NOT ADVOCATING UNDERAGE DRINKING!] When the answer was NO ("my dad thinks alcohol is evil, too!"), the ug asked if we could get HIM drunk first! Tried some milk tea from two recipes, one of which needed more sugar. At the last before hugging Jon goodbye, I snuck some Glenlivet Scotch... that partially explains why I'm not making any phone calls right now. I had enough trouble with my words on the way home, especially when trying to say "tailgating epidemic," heh. Discussed the parents letting up on the ug about alcohol consumption lately, and I told Eric that I wouldn't say what I said when he called me earlier. (blame the message board - it's what *I* do!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home