Friday, August 29, 2008

Yogurt, soup, popcorn, perogies, and more!

Just went shopping at Save-On, and was true to my consumer whore tendencies. Found a variety BOX of over 100 perogies from Cheemo, so had to get that! Potato cheddar and potato / bacon / Romano cheese sounds good, although I don't know about potato and onion... might not taste so good without the cheese, hehe. Knorr came out with three new soups, so I had to try those even if they weren't on sale. Yellow soup consists of sweet corn, apricot, and curry; orange soup consists of butternut squash, carrot, and ginger; red soup consists of red bell pepper, tomato, and paprika. Sounds like fall soups mostly, which is good. You'd never know it was the end of August by looking out the window here! Maybe if you were in Kelowna or something... which reminds me, I miss Jeremy! (that reminds me of the time Mom called him "Germany" - what the?!)

Decided to try gooseberries, since they were on sale ($1.28?), and also saved $2 on blueberries. Got one of the last two DIBS containers - ROLO takes me back to the days of Fill-Ins, Nathan Goldman, his brother Jeffrey, and a bit later to Andrew Rollo! Saw a tub of mango-pineapple yogurt, so got that along with a variety "dessert flavor" pack of 12: lemon meringue parfait, raspberry cranberry crumble, cherry delight, and strawberry Chantilly! Was going to get Pringles Szechuan BBQ and some canned tuna, but forgot - CRAP! Oh well, maybe next time! I also decided to get ten bags of extra buttery popcorn: not the healthiest alternative available, but I figure you only live once! (I'll jokingly blame Auntie Fonda for this, since she's supplied popcorn to the toddlers for at least three weeks running by now)

Barry came by and moved the couch for me - yup, there were dead mice! (not to mention the mouse droppings in various places) I didn't know his kids were half-Japanese... interesting! I'll do what David says, and work with him - it'll be better that way, maybe. He knows what to look for and such, and has a refreshing perspective on things! Time to call the numbers he left me, for sure! Also threw out a bunch of other stuff that's just taking up space (mine or K's? haha), and reconnected with people - YAY!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home