Tuesday, August 26, 2008

No chocolate sausage for YOU!

I had a weird dream which pretty much consisted of my mom, her co-workers, and Kathy T. as a bride sitting at these picnic tables. They were overseeing their own private enclave in the middle of a forest, while the sounds of a summer camp were going on below. Cindy came up with a few kids - they told each other NOT to step on Box #9, because then the spring on it would catapult them further into the forest. Man, the kids were noisy when they wanted to go to the lake and swim! They eventually settled on a suspension bridge, and had fun with the stairs carved in the trail.

Mom and her friends wouldn't allow me to have more than a few bites of their food on Styrofoam plates. They were going to allow me to have a chocolate sausage, but then decided that they'd be better served by having it themselves. In fact, they told me to go away beyond the boundaries of their spot! Kathy was the only one who was nice to me, and she gave me a chart that demonstrated a family's birth dates - March Perry got married to a nice boy, but then she went crazy and murdered her sister! I was supposed to solve this, but the dream ended before I could.


Possible triggers:

* the I LOVE A MYSTERY old-time radio show that I've been listening to for the past three weeks (Faith "Fay," Hope, Charity "Cherry," Job, actresses, crying baby, Grandma Martin, murder!)
* seeing Kathy's display picture all over the place on certain Facebook discussion boards
* not sure where the rest of it came from - I can't possibly be processing the July hiking program NOW, more than a month after it happened!

Ah well, time to eat now. I think I'm recovered from consuming a LOT of meat the other night at Alan's! Yesterday, I didn't eat much at all: some peanut butter, and three pudding cups left over from some time ago. (vanilla / butterscotch / chocolate!)




I posted an ad on Craigslist looking for a place by October 1. Got a response already, thank goodness. Did some preliminary research, and found a couple of places: however, one is on the third floor in a walk-up suite. No elevator?! What if you need to carry laundry up (shared laundry on the ground floor), or have something else that's heavy? As Billie brought up yesterday, I certainly wouldn't want to fall down all those stairs in the event of a power failure! Found one near the Oak St. Bridge, which is still in Richmond! The reply says, "I have a brand new apartment in central Richmond, and they're looking for roommates. It is a 2/2 apartment near Lansdowne Mall, and only 5 minutes to the future Skytrain station. I will move at the end of August." Hmm... maybe if they're willing to wait a month and can agree to arrangements?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home