Monday, August 25, 2008

Reading about serial killers is perfect avoidance!

Before we went to Alan's, my brother and I stopped by a Steveston organic store for apple pie. Then we hit up Brewery Creek (next door to Bellagio Gelato) for a bunch of beer, including Thomas Hardy's Ale and some stuff which went well with barbecued meats. (I want to say that he bought Anarchist Amber Ale, but that may not be totally correct!) We also laughed over my grandma's reaction at Pho lunch to our eating some unwashed organic watercress: "AIYA! What do you mean, you don't have to wash it before you eat it?!" I think we lacked the language to explain what watercress IS, let alone "no pesticides on this!" Hahaha. Jon put in the Boredoms' POP TATARI - I'd forgotten how cool that noise music can be! :D

We could hear Christon as we knocked on Alan's door after being let in - the apartment looks much as I remember it from the Spanish Banks event YEARS ago. I went into the kitchen and stayed there for a few minutes, but realized I was in people's way - good thing I brought along my SERIAL KILLER FILES, haha! Settled down in the living room with some beer: of course my reading material occasioned some comment! I had to reassure Sonny that I wasn't a serial killer, Christon and Karen thought it was "interesting," Tony wanted to know whether I wanted to profile / catch those people, and Raymond didn't expect that of me!

Discussed Alan and Billy's Bible Study relationship, Tracy, Denise, school, email addresses / IM names, the fireworks, PNE, summer highlights, guy hangouts, 90210, ROMEO MUST DIE, ROMEO + JULIET, politics, relationships, date ideas, duck tongues, salmon (Sonny got some for me!) / zucchini / the changes in the next few months being hard on people who like structure, order, and predictability. (which means that I better adapt...) Raymond noticed some odd sentence structure on the dried fruit chips package, and my brother compared it to German with its past tense and verbs. Christon said that he once had to put some stuff through Babelfish, and his boss actually accepted the German "translation" which Christon was paid for!

We also talked about Andrew's hilarious grad roast for his brother Adam: "Through the years, Adam has changed both positively AND negatively! If you ever want advice on how to HOOK UP with the LADIES, I'll be there!" Some of us always thought they were twins, while some of us insisted that they were just a year apart. Guess I'll ask Andrew later! Sonny was kinda bored, so he wanted to play cards: he found a deck which his brother advised him to put back. He and I were both looking at Alan's music collection; at least now I *finally* know who that "nobody wants to see us together, but it doesn't matter" (had to clean up the ridiculous grammar! :P) song is by (Akon)! I was inwardly critiquing the music collection: Mariah Carey, Akon, Usher, various movie soundtracks, Offspring (YAY!), TLC, etc. Not my cup of tea, but I do realize people have different musical tastes... and Alan IS a good guy! He has a bunch of movies, including TITANIC and THE BLACK DAHLIA which Karen and I were discussing earlier in the context of discussing what to do for my birthday! (Facebook invites?!) Someone brought up the concept of Tony's ideal girl as fleshed out during a small group discussion: the more Karen and I heard about this, the more we wanted to make a "slit throat" gesture! ("She needs to be the one to make time for ME, she has to be content with not a lot of communication, she should keep out of my business...")

Eventually, Sonny asked Alan if he could put in ZOOLANDER - perfect, since I was needing some downtime myself. I'm glad to recognize a fellow non-social person... too bad he's like half my age, haha! We all settled in to watch: Christon and Nathan remembered a joke they made about Uncle Hansel when this movie came out, haha. I told Nathan that I'd forgotten how stupidly funny the movie could be! "HOW CAN YOU TEACH THEM HOW TO READ IF THEY CAN'T EVEN FIT INSIDE THE BUILDING?!?!" "I was NOT at a day spa for a week!" "There's no easy way to say this, Hansel, but Derek's been brainwashed to kill the Prime Minister of Malaysia." "There was a moment last night, when she was sandwiched between the two Finnish dwarves and the Maori tribesmen, where I thought, "Wow, I could really spend the rest of my life with this woman"."

It was definitely a good end to the night! (took Christon's figs on the way home - $6!) Yay for David Bowie and Owen Wilson, haha. Makes me want to get the latest TV system and a bunch of moves, so I can relax too... not like that's ever gonna happen! (Jon and I discussed Jeremy / sleeping earlier as an improvement / Chinese Eric / Steph's comment about dismembered bodies / Nathan on the way home)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home