Saturday, June 14, 2008

Laundry can be very funny!

Bingo of the day so far:

UPBEARER (60 points) - against Pat K.


Writer's Block: The Eternal Nocturnal Struggle

Vampires or werewolves?
Vampires! I WANT TO SUCK YOUR BLOOD.... MUHAHAHAHA!
View other answers.


Hey, Rob's friend Taylor added me to Facebook - interesting! Both are musicians, which is SWEET!

On Thursday, the only notable thing that I did was to get my glasses fixed since they were bent a bit. I also got myself lost, whoops. At least the Safeway shopping cart I commandeered from the bottle return place was good for shopping at Save-On too! Yesterday was a different story - with Eric sick, Jon said he'd drive me to Vancouver and we could get a ride home with Ivan or Sam. Sounded fine to me! We talked about computer use, Harmony, Father's Day plans (none so far - THAT'S why there's no Sunday Dinner this week!), the dinner with Erin's family, glasses, and more. As we went up to the church, Cindy came running up saying that she was late as well. I just went to Pho way earlier than last week, haha. Saw Cordia's mom there, and she said that she'd take her home after the Missions meeting since she'd had her wisdom teeth out. Yeah, I don't think Cordia could last either! Right when I was finished with my own meal, Jen and Karen walked in. I didn't mind if they joined me at all. We discussed arguing, making up, work / journeys, fat camp, loving each other when we're pathetic, Pastor Glen's dismissal in 2004, hurt, the church being just like the world in factions and ending friendships, Florence, Mimosa, anger, Anita being upset, soccer, wanting to smoke (not with twenty people outside the church!), Eunice's parents, Tracey, Mike / Amanda, Larry, Sandra, Sarah, Vernon, Joe, not discussing church at all, pain, and respect for petitioners. Man, that was a hard time in 2004! Karen thinks I showed genuine love in continuing to talk to people no matter what side they were on - this is true, but it was difficult too.

When I got back to church, I saw all the Daniel people outside ready for a walk. I asked Henry (who was holding the door open) whether he was giving me a ride tomorrow. (I was going to type "riding me," but that just sounds WRONG! :P) Apparently, I'd reminded him about his and Benedict's blood donation this afternoon - I told him that I guessed I should go since it was the last day, and said I'd get a ride. Used the phone to call Michelle L. at home, and she said she could pick me up at 3:30 - whew! (next time, I should close the photocopy room door to cut down on noise, haha) Said hi to Benedict with keys, Danny with a table, Sabrina, and Chris. Stanley showed me an old Membership Covenant from early April: "Free - Help Yourself" was written on the back, which I showed Andrea. I'll have fun with that, haha. Went upstairs to Bible Study, where Chuck did his ear thing again - he is such a crazy goofball! Cindy said that Megan was coming, so we wondered if it would be awkward since we were in Phil's office - Jeremy was confused, so Dylan said it was a long story that we'd tell him later! Hahaha! Dylan himself thought it wouldn't be awkward because Megan's going out with someone else (Andy) now - still, however. Erin and Fidela also showed up; Fids wanted to join the other group, but they were long gone!\

Discussed Debbie (Dylan's girlfriend) knowing Ben (Erin's boyfriend) from Ottawa - Ben's coming next week, so it'll be good to see him! Erin says that both her brothers are coming to Tuesday's dinner: it'll be good to catch up with them! Talked about food, apples, Pho, being a picky eater, popcorn as dinner, worrying about what others think, humility, pride, how you say things, KEEP SMILING, the transition from Daniel to David (mentoring!), Teresa not being able to make it because of Safeway, out-of-date calendars, photocopying, teaching, giving your material to others who could use the help, etc. Afterwards, I talked to Raymond about Scrabble / Benjamin Fellowship / Bible Quiz / cooking / field trips. Dylan, Raymond, and Erin all asked me about the K-Man, heh. (Chuck referred to him as "the C-Man" last week, haha) Said hi to Stanley, who wanted us all to contribute to his $3000 New Guitar Fund - NO WAY! Auntie Rebecca greeted us all, and Stanley had a riddle for her: "What does a grape say when you squeeze it? Nothing, but it might let out a little whine! [wine]"

Told Jeremy about the drunken debauchery book that Harmony had given me; of course I lent it to him! (I remember when Mom asked that we define "debauchery" for her... yikes!) Fidela and Megan made Dragon Ball plans, and asked how I was getting home. Jessica dropped by and discussed stuff with Stanley; after a while, Jon finally came by and collected me since Ivan was giving us a ride home before he went to a party. Talked about their prayer walk being an interesting experience, Skytrain stations, Laura Secord, #9 large, shrimp rolls, Isabel and Julie absconding to go to a movie rather early on, Emily / Sarah / Julie and MISSIONS ON WHEELS (Jeremy should SO do that!), and more. Good times!

Have just seen a rather funny video of Korey's friend Alison's son Jeremy. This 2.5-year old is doing the laundry, and flings clothes in the front-loading machines with a good arm and industrious PASSION! Not that I'm a baseball coach or anything, but you have to see it to laugh! Unfortunately, it's on Facebook - oh well!


Edit: I just got Salmoned again!

[12:10:15] PlugInSalmon: Don't have a cow, man.
[12:10:31] AlenaBrolxFlami: Nice Simpsons reference.
[12:11:09] PlugInSalmon: That's not an answer. :P
[12:11:55] AlenaBrolxFlami: What were you asking me?
[12:12:00] PlugInSalmon: Who you are.
[12:13:04] AlenaBrolxFlami: I didn't get that.
[12:13:14] PlugInSalmon: "And you would be...?"
[12:13:20] AlenaBrolxFlami: [12:10:15] PlugInSalmon: Don't have a cow, man.
[12:13:21] PlugInSalmon: You're also dodging the question. :P
[12:13:58] AlenaBrolxFlami: We've been randomly linked.
[12:14:08] PlugInSalmon: Buh?
[12:14:27] AlenaBrolxFlami: Are you on LJ?
[12:14:32] PlugInSalmon: I am.
[12:14:53] AlenaBrolxFlami: Did you recently update?
[12:14:57] PlugInSalmon: I did.
[12:15:18] AlenaBrolxFlami: We've been linked by a bot.
[12:15:25] PlugInSalmon: Ah.
[12:15:39] PlugInSalmon: Sorry, I get a little twitchy when people IM me out of the blue.
[12:15:48] AlenaBrolxFlami: You see my screen name as something ending in "salmon"
[12:15:55] PlugInSalmon: SquirmySalmon, yes.
[12:15:58] AlenaBrolxFlami: That's all right.
[12:16:09] AlenaBrolxFlami: I see yours as PlugInSalmon.
[12:16:18] AlenaBrolxFlami: Check out the.missing.hat on LJ.
[12:17:28] PlugInSalmon: Huh. Interesting.
[12:18:05] AlenaBrolxFlami: Have you had this experience before?
[12:18:13] PlugInSalmon: Can't say I have, no.
[12:20:06] AlenaBrolxFlami: I've had it happen a few times.
[12:21:32] PlugInSalmon: It's kind of jarring. Is there a way to opt out? I've got nothing against you, it's just I didn't sign up for anything like this, and normally wouldn't. :/
[12:24:27] AlenaBrolxFlami: No worries.
[12:24:34] AlenaBrolxFlami: I don't think there is. It's just... random.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home