Saturday, June 14, 2008

Goldfish and Freezie Pops are good snacking, kiddies!

Michelle, Ryan, and Ethan picked me up at the appointed time - we were delayed by traffic, but still barely managed to get to the church by 4:15. Ryan and Ethan fought over a water bottle, asked me whether there'd be crafts, remembered last year's guessing game in which the parents had to guess their kids' voices, and were excited about the snacks at the end of the awards ceremony. At church, Sabrina and I told Henry not to be so mean to Danny because it had been his first time donating blood earlier in the afternoon. According to Henry, Danny got pampered by the nurses since he felt light-headed, and had "the train of embarrassment" hit him really hard. Benedict mentioned that the bandages were brutal with the cotton swabs, and advised Danny to just rip off his instead of prolonging the agony! I don't believe he thought much of that, haha.

Talked to Phil and Joey for a bit before discussing money and receipts with Auntie Vivian. Upstairs, I saw Rosenda with her sons Ian and Gabriel - when I told Ian to leave the sanctuary doors alone, he recognized me and waved! SO CUTE! He seemed comfortable in Joey's lap afterwards, heh. Just as I was having a whispered conversation with Andrew T. about where his third-year service award pin could be (including lots of shrugging), Melia backtracked since she didn't see him behind Joey! The slideshow was pretty cute, too - Samantha T. and Ryan make great faces, haha! (Ian's cousin Olivia will be in Awana next year, also!)

At snacktime, I talked to Ian M. (Rosenda's son) and Samantha F. Rosenda doesn't have much Chinese, but her mother-in-law translated! (community centres, Hastings, walking, exposure to kids, etc.) Ian loved my shiny pins, haha. Heard Eric and Matthew saying how the red Freezie Pops were like blood, so of course Ian L. was all over THAT! Talked to him about blood, chicken, kazoo concerts, silliness, and more. Now it's time for a summer break - but of course I'll see most of the kids in the next couple months!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home