Friday, May 16, 2008

Today is Friday, NOT Saturday!

Bingos of the day:

HEADEND (66 points) - against Danny M.
AROUSING (74 points) - against Danny M. [different game than above]
BOVINITY (98 points) - against Jordan M. [across a triple-word score!]
SWEATING (64 points) - against Guy M.
DEMUREST (74 points) - against Alice P.
SAHIWALS (66 points) - against Kirsten P.


Grandma thought today was Saturday, so she let me know that she'd be going da-pi. ("They're not my friends - I just know them through this activity!" Sure... just don't lock the door on us tonight, otherwise we'll have a tough time getting in!) I told her that today was FRIDAY, and she asked whether I was sure - yup, even though I went to bed at 2:30 AM! Then she tried figuring out the date from the English newspapers on the table, which didn't help since she can't read much English beyond random letters of the alphabet. (she's had basic English classes before... like 15 years ago when she might have remembered the material!) If only AM 1320 told their listeners what day of the week it was.. alas! She's talking about cellphones, Hong Kong, Lillian, dropping her radio, and other things too. Jon and I are chatting via Gmail: Sunday dinner, staying home, meetings, Grandma, paranoia, locks, sunshine, Christon, the work culture being different here than in Hong Kong (understanding), etc.

She spotted an ad for Fruiticana on the back of the Richmond Review, and thought that today was the 17th. No, it's the 16th today. Finally, she figured out that the numbers were the dates where the specials began and ended. Then she asked whether my siblings had come home last night - nope, and they had told me about it; Steph when she left to go to Viv's, and Jon in a phone call at 11:15 after he saw some movie. Good thing she didn't ask where Jon would be sleeping over, since I refuse to refer to Nathan as "Fat Kid." He's not thin, but he's not FAT either... I know plenty of people who are truly FAT, and Nate isn't one of them! Then she thinks I shouldn't bother Eric at work, and wait till he's off - our Friday plans wouldn't come to fruition if I listened to her, so I'll ignore her mumbling! :P

Harmony just called, looking for Jon. He's not here right now - he has the key to Nathan's, so it's natural he'd sleep over there! Definitely good talking to her, as always! I know Jon wouldn't care if I told her that he was watching a movie and such, since they probably tell each other a lot anyway. (Jon called to check in later: Harmony, Vivian S., Grandma's crankiness, Regent, wedding thank-you cards from Winnipeg Justin and Julie, confusion, plans, dinner, Nathan, etc. Steph called to see what was up, too: let's take the bus to Super Grocer even though it isn't really worth the cost of a bus ticket! We are NOT going home tonight for dinner, although I might skip since siu yeh costs money, and I'm in the hole enough already as it is!)

Great... now I hear that Leona Lewis song (BLEEDING LOVE) on the radio. Must be because Grandma tuned her radio between two stations, since I know for a fact there is no version of that song as sung by a Chinese artist! (not Canto-pop, I don't think...) At least it seems to have ended while I was typing this paragraph, so that's fine. It's not that I don't like the song or the lyrics (why would I have posted them a couple days ago if I didn't?), but man. About twenty minutes later, that AM station is now playing the SORRY song by Buckcherry. What is the universe trying to tell me?! *rips hair out* Have figured out the problem by looking at the little radio: it was at 1346, so I tuned it more accurately to 1320 or 1319. Yay! :D

Good times talking to Dave, as well... Kari, Andy, blue bowling bags, Ms. Tijman, kids going SPLAT against a windshield, random stuff, memory, strength, etc. Man, it takes me back!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home