Sunday, February 24, 2008

Hey, Michael... baby Allison doesn't like your voice!

Before I left this morning, I noted that Phil had found Alan Pang on Facebook - he knows Myles and Dorcas from somewhere, possibly the Vancouver Alliance church. I added him when I got home ("Jon's sister!"), and he's just added me back. On the way to church, my mom and sister discussed the latest in the SING TAO DAILY newspaper: Edison Chen's naked pictures scandal (why keep it on your laptop?! ... he actually went to my junior high - I was too old to have known him then; phew!), and Fei-Fei's death from liver cancer. (like Uncle Sam's mom) Why publish certain pictures like the ex-husband and his new wife? She was connected to Alfred Sung, and my grandma's hairdresser is going to her funeral in Shanghai. ("it's expensive, so it must be good!") Sure, sure... discussed shark's fin soup, going out for Big G's birthday on Saturday or Sunday night, just cutting off the fin and dumping the shark back into the water to die, "expensive cuts of meat," the 100-Mile Diet, nutritional value, and more.

We also talked about how Grandma favors boys, and always tells my sister that they can't eat dinner yet since Jon's not home. Like it matters?! Mom says that there are lots of Chinese women with a Chinese name meaning "bringing little brothers," and told us a story about a guy who was so mad when his wife delivered a THIRD daughter that he just stalked out of the hospital - Chinese men! It's THEIR chromosomes and NOT the women's! (just like Henry VIII and his desire for a son - killed his wives or divorced them!) Mom also thinks that Grandma shouldn't make a big deal about the ONE time she paid for Jer's lunch at Pho six months back - for sure! (as Steph said: "if she loves Flime so much, she should also love his friend!") We told Mom that Grandma might be confused by Jeremy's mustache, haha. Eric has the full beard now, so we'll see what she has to say!

At church, I talked to Raymond about donations on Facebook / the small group Evite and outing plans / going out to dinner with his parents. He wondered if Vivian would be okay after Bams' death - I certainly hope so, because she seemed quite upset! Not sure why I never got the 3 AM email Steph sent out to everyone on her Evite list, but that boxer was well-loved. At least Viv's parents are back now so they can grieve together! Waved hi to Jeremy, Winnie, Megan, Danielle, Cindy, Margaret, both Nathans (Nathan T. still looked rested - GOOD!), Joey, Martin, and others. Gave Martin his birthday card after service: he thanked me twice, and wondered how I knew about his birthday. I told him that I had access to the Fellowship directory because I don't think he knows yet that I have a good memory in general for birthdays, haha! Learned that Phil's applied for the position of youth pastor at our church - yay! (Steph gave away her anniversary lunch ticket to Danielle, and then it went to her cousin Kevin!) Mom says that Phil wants to start a family within the next couple of years - wow!

Went outside to the parking lot, where I noticed something that looked like my pink snap-button hat from my pink jacket. It was lying on the ground next to some grass and the big garbage bin. I drew Jeremy's attention to it (since we were talking about stuff anyway), and mused about picking it up. While I was saying hi to Kevin and Fabian, Melia came over and wondered if that item was mine. It was, but I had been nowhere near that area this weekend! Jeremy surmised that perhaps it had come off last weekend, and I hadn't noticed it missing. I had, but thought it was somewhere at my place! Mike T. and Emily came over and convinced me to pick it up and wash it - eh, it gave me a good excuse to ask my mom to wash my entire jacket! (which she will) Wondered about my pants with the hole in them - Grace couldn't sew patches (but natural seams), and Steph said that Mom could do it. (I asked Auntie Fonda to ask Rachel's grandma to take some load off my poor mother, heh - I'll have to remember to wash it next week since I put my dirty hat in that bag!)

Waved to Brian, and saw his sister Julie M. - she's going back to Edmonton today, so it was a good thing I had a birthday card to give her! I interacted with my friends' kids for a while before going to Sunday School. Keenan seemed to like my blue beret since he wanted to touch it. That was much better than Gwyneth asking me later what that thing on my head was, and then laughing at it! My sister thinks that she just doesn't know how to express herself - probably that's it! Olivia, Nicholas (with Cheerios), Nathaniel, and Joshua (with Rice Krispie squares) were looking for bugs near the ramp. Two people named Auntie Helen might be too much for Olivia and Nathaniel to process, haha. Anita joked that her baby Allison didn't like Michael K.'s voice since she'd heard it yesterday and fell asleep - same thing today, haha. ("she won't let me put her hand inside the carrier blanket!") Mike was trying to teach her things she wouldn't need to know at 2.5 months of age, haha.

Told Vanessa, Steph, and Danielle about the dream where I pummelled the sleazeball in the face - how shocking, but I guess I must subconsciously love my sister! After Sunday School, I interacted with the kids in the basement. Hien was trying out William's crutches, and someone asked her what had happened! I told William that Auntie Kam had asked me the same question when I'd been holding Darren's crutches a couple of summers ago! Haha, confusion reigns! Chrystal offered me a decorated cookie, Rich was trying to offload a bunch of Oreos, and I gave Nathan W. a jelly stick later when I went upstairs. Said hi to Hannah T. and Noah, bantered with Bob / Heyman / Johnny, warned Hannah W. / Natalie / Julie C. to be careful, and dodged Hannah S. and Amanda. Went upstairs and said hi to Joanna K. and Michelle C. - Michelle had sprained her arm while playing basketball, oops.

Discussed driving to the Royal Ascot (why?!), global warming, walking, Dylan, reading, the Bible, liturgy, a "final exam" on 1 Corinthians, Fred leaving for San Francisco, beer, and other things with Sam / Christon / Jon / Jeremy / Steph (working on a messed-up situation at work) / Eric. Hugged Danielle goodbye - of course she misses Citrus, who's away at boot camp since he's in the reserves. ("Hey, I lost TEN pounds!") Eric wondered whether I was going with my family for lunch since he did have Windows XP with him. I was (gotta save money and stuff :P), and we've just made plans via MSN: he'll call me tomorrow to see what's up. (must finish BootyBase work TONIGHT!) Went to Mui's lunch - Mom mixed up prenatal counseling and premarital counseling, oh dear! Steph remembers that she liked pennies ("yellow money!") in preschool, heh. Also discussed the pain of giving birth, breathing in and out / forgetfulness, Lamaze, having certain people inside the delivery room, and other related things. At least I got a decent amount of sleep last night! Steph sarcastically noted that I should eat NOODLES instead of rice for lunch (which I didn't have anyhow) - don't worry, I know how to keep Grandma happy! :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home