Saturday, February 23, 2008

WE'RE BROTHERS FOREVER! Hahaha!

Went out to do some banking (laundry peace of mind with $50 worth of loonies and quarters!), purchase some body wash on sale (Zest Ocean Energy Energizing Effects / Lever 2000 Pure Rain / Coast Breakaway), get a stapler combo / stickers / 2000 colored staples (which I've since lost?!) from an office supply place, and grab some Smarties. Vicky S. saw me from her car - that was very surprising! Met Eric at the usual place, and we left - talked about microphones, headsets, Windows XP, magical and fascinating things, Riverview (mental institution), colored cubes and pyramids, programming, and Pho. Not like there was too much time for Subway since he still needed to get a thank-you card! I was definitely loaded down with my heavy knapsack AND Nathan's dishes from Sunday, so I was glad to give the dishes to Jon before I laid my knapsack down in the basement! (saw Mike, Joey, Vanessa, Jason L., and others on the way into church)

Spent a quiet time at Pho until Chuck popped in to say hi - we talked about Valentine's Day, Long's Noodle House and our story there, blogging, the Internet phenomenon, Korey, plans, cellphones, Eric's takeout order, and more. We went to the basement together, where I looked someone in the eye without flinching - couldn't bring myself to nod, but it's still progress. I told Eric that I'd laid his dinner down on a nearby table, and said hi to Connie and Joe - they thanked me for the Facebook FunWall / SuperWall cards, haha. Had a great talk with a financial advisor sort that Martin knows - I know my sister found it stimulating for her brain! Saving money, compound interest, being a steward, knowing the owner if you were a manager in real life, debt, materialism, credit cards, wills, instant gratification, etc. - very interesting! (like if you saved $100 a month for 15 years and then didn't save anything for the next 25 - you'd get $440 thousand... but if you didn't save anything for 15 years, and then started saving $100 a month for the next 25 years, you'd only get $123 thousand!)

Told Jeremy that he'd confuse my grandma again since he only had a mustache - he laughed, and wondered whether Eric had a full beard. He did, and then joined in our discussion. No, I don't know what "mustache" would be in Chinese, and I think Grandma still recognizes Eric even with his beard! Told him what "White Kid" was in Chinese - I hope Grandma doesn't get confused, haha. Briefly talked about Hitler / Charlie Chaplin's beard going out of style in a generation or so after World War II, as well. Commiserated with Lesley on her cough: at least she had Halls lozenges! She wondered why I was carrying so many staples around - I'd just bought 5000 of them! Eric turned around and whispered that there were no chopsticks with his lemongrass chicken Pho dinner, so I mouthed an apology before he went to the kitchen to grab some. It was funny seeing Danny and Nai Chiu try to figure out a way to get to the Chinese Bibles stored in the basement since our group was taking up basically the entire floor with our chairs and tables! (one other guy even went under the overhead on his way to the kitchen, haha... he even provided the speaker with a glass of water!)

Talked to Eric, Steph, Raymond, and Martin about tomorrow's "dinner of spanks" - Eric had joked that it would be hard to find the place on the map, and Steph thought she'd include the map for EVERYONE even though she didn't want to spam my or Eric's inboxes. Jeremy said something about turkey eggs and how I had to look something up about them on the Internet since he's Lenting it. Five minutes a week just doesn't cut it to check your email - I can imagine the state of HIS inbox at Easter! (Eric: "So THAT'S what I was supposed to do for worship practice two weeks ago! This is what we did for Fellowship a few weeks ago! Most of it will be junk mail by that point!") Haha, no wonder he didn't get the butt list yet - no worries!

Talked to Cindy about her birthday speech for Steph - it's good that she now knows there's another Christian teacher at her school, heh. Grace and I discussed friendships, and a fear of public speaking - it's okay that Cindy felt she had to read, since it DOES get her nervous otherwise! She's moving next week, and doesn't want to - she still has closets and bookshelves to pack, aiya! Stanley, Jeremy, and Eric talked about old cars - yes, Eric's family has a 1970s Parisienne! Jeremy says engine blocks are made out of plastic these days, heh. When they got to talking about giant robots and such, I went upstairs. Nathan was showing Jon, Jason W., Ivan, and others a hilarious AMERICAN IDOL video - Jason W.'s mom was very confused when she saw the laptop screen, haha! Discussed Randal's quirky birthday gift of cheap plastic handcuffs for Steph because she wants to be a cop ("Ack! I *should* have opened them in the privacy of my own room!"), Dallas, money, Vivian S. house-sitting, learning, and shushing me on the way home - interesting times, indeed! :D


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home