Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Billie's hair, bridal showers, meetings

Hey, Petra R. added me to Facebook too! Sweet!


Here's another photo post!

I had to comment on this one, asking whether I really was Billie's hair. Then she clarified: of *course* I remember the hair pills from the last time I was over! (August 25-26, 2007) She had to subconsciously tag me as her hair, adding this postscript: "If you're my hair... I AM A WHOLE COUNTRY IN CENTRAL ASIA! :P" Go blame K for that one, hahaha! (I know her real name might kinda look / sound like Bangladesh... maybe?)



Me: .... I'm your HAIR?! HAHAHAHAHA!
Billie: Remember the hair pills the last time you came over? :P
Me: Oh yes, I remember those! :P

Billie: Well... I had to... subconsciously. :P PS: If you're my hair... I AM A WHOLE COUNTRY IN CENTRAL ASIA! :P

Me: HAHAHAHA! That's for sure... but that wasn't me. Blame K for that one. :P

Billie: Hahahaha! Je sais, je sais, but in all reality, I'm flattered someone thinks so highly of me. :P HAHA, just kidding! Remember that friend of yours who thought I was East Indian?... Do you see a pattern here? :O

Me: Hahaha. Fair enough! Oh, that wasn't my friend. That was one of K's friends, so yes; I do indeed see a pattern here! o_O

Billie: :P It's so wunderbar to have a purely Persian name... there's ALWAYS the chance that someone renames you without your permission! :P It's really funny though... some guy once thought my name was Vanessa, which is probably the only normal name which can somehow come out of mine, but Bangladesh just won the crown and took the cake! I never noticed that my name could ever be misread like that... OH! And where the blast did the G, L, and D come from?! And where did the F go?!

Tell K thanks for upgrading me from person to Nation. I am truly honoured. Truly. :P

Oh, right. My bad. :P But Blimey... an East Indian who worked at Shoppers once asked me if I, too, was East Indian, and I had asked him before if he was Persian, but that's understandable because I guess we have similar qualities, albeit small ones. But wow. People are hilarious. Honestly. I like it though... I never take offense. :]


Me: Haha, I bet there is that chance! "Vanessa" out of your real name?! Hmm... I just don't know, except maybe it sounds like Vanessa if said really quickly. I'll definitely tell K thinks for you later, although of course I run the risk of confusing him again, haha. Yeah, I wouldn't take offense at that... I'd see the humor in it too. People have thought MY name was Wesley, Leanne, Lindsay, and Lisa!

Billie: WHAT?! Wesley... that's just cruel! But then again, a lot of people can't seem to break the habit of calling me Banashef, but I'm too lazy to correct them. :P It happens after a while. It's one of life's real cruelties, but at the same time, it's fun to see people get creative! PS: I really HAVE lost weight in this picture! And it's not just the dress that's shaping me, wouldn't you say?

Me: Yeah, I agree! Despite what certain people (used to?) think, I do not look like a boy! It is kinda fun.. but Wesley?! *shakes head* Oh, you certainly have! That dress is going to make your night even more special! But it's not all that's shaping you, and you can trust me on that!

Billie: I know, name mispronunciations can get REALLY ugly. You witnessed one example. :P And! Thank you kindly! :D
Me: You're very welcome! :D


Melia's bridal shower, February 17 (Sunday)




This is what we do to fill time at church membership meetings while waiting for quorum to be met! (Sunday, Feb. 3)




Jon, reading a book at Louis Garden before lunch, prior to the aforementioned AGM:

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home