Friday, February 22, 2008

Being trapped on an orange island with clubs

After I got to sleep, I dreamed that Jeremy and Quan were my favorite people in the world, and they were reading Deuteronomy 7:12, which had something to do with Israelites. Everyone knew that Jeremy was of my favorites, and he had absolutely no problem with that!

A few of my friends and I were at a conference centre with grey walls. I was in a meeting room when Angus came in, took a table, and started working on this huge greeting card. It had a Christmas motif (Santa Claus / reindeer / snow) on it, and several large pop-ups as well. I asked him who it was for, and he said it was for "Auntie Kitty." When I got closer to see what he was writing (and congratulate him on his perfect grammar and spelling), I could see that the card said "Thanks For Your Bridal Shower" in gold curly text. Steph came in to distract my mom at the back of the room - she was wearing a red shimmery top with a red sweater over it. She stopped to admire Angus' job on this card, of course.

Then we were transported to a sunny island, and the orange and yellow colors of the homes and menus comforted me. I knew Teunis was there, as evidenced by the friendly brown lion posted as guard at the entrance to said island. Teunis wanted me to get going on my own digital island, so we could play together with the palm trees. The brown color of the trunks and the green palms were most vivid, and almost hypnotized me. Wished I could have my own tropical island, but the dark red text when people spoke was most delightful. :D

I remember being able to write on the menus since there was white paper with blue ruled lines where the food selections were supposed to be. So I accordingly wrote about Quan, Jeremy, going clubbing, the comfort of the island paradise, and more. I also wrote about my plans for shoplifting, which I whited out later even if the menu was only going to last for the duration of my time there. Somehow I knew this was a dream, although I couldn't control the events. If I could have, the next paragraph would not have happened!

Then I decided to go to bed, with my legs curled in a protective semicolon position. I tried getting out of bed multiple times when I heard noises, but I just couldn't make it stick - I found myself propelled back into bed. Went to check the time, which was 1:11 PM, and then 7:06 AM. I got out of bed to go places, but again found myself almost yoinked back to bed, where I almost fell off! This cycle repeated itself a few times before I woke up for real. Interesting stuff...


Yikes - I think my subconscious is definitely trying to tell me something here! Triggers: reading a lot of T's journal / comments page, feeling trapped, using whiteout on paper, the bridal shower, plus putting stickers on my pink-ish Christmas cards with gold text and Santa Claus. (I almost typed "Satan" for "Santa" - oh my!) The music in the last part probably came from my radio in real life, which I left on for some reason. *shrug*

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home