Saturday, January 05, 2008

I misread too much stuff today!

Misreadings, or Signs I Need More Sleep

1. I misread my clock as "6:40 AM" when Eric called this morning, and not as "8:40 AM."
2. I misread a green-and-white sign as "Free Shit Testing" instead of "Free SIGHT Testing." They COULD have fecal testing available somewhere as a business, but probably not advertised on the street...
3. On a wedding card at Loonie Plus, I read "Cherish the Moments" as "Cherish the MORMONS" at first. I was left with a "what the?!" thought until I read it again. It WAS in a curly font, but still. :P
4. "I hate for him not having a computer, since that's a huge form of communication for us." was initially rendered as "I hate him for not having a computer..." (Erin M.)


Eric called me just as I was in the middle of writing my dream details down in longhand - he later said that I sounded barely awake. He was running late, but I had just enough time to get myself ready (and have some coffee) before I too rushed out the door. We discussed the skills competition, Christon, whether we'd talked to Korey last night, my busier week, the skating that got cancelled and then turned into a coffee / drinks "chilling" event, whether I'd be okay getting to the glasses place on Broadway / Ash (yup), and the ULTIMATE FAMILY DINNER tonight. I later decided to just stay out all day until dinner instead of going home - thank goodness for the Firehall library computer! :D (checked my friends list, Facebook, AND email - yay for K emailing me quickly, even though he certainly didn't have to!)

After a somewhat productive Committee meeting (I'm responsible for ALL the birthdays / finding cards, friends, and speeches now?! OH MY!), I decided that I needed to have lunch FAST! What can I say... Dylan's McDonald's burger and Eric's yogurt and Triscuits made me hungry. :P I opted for Pho - when a large #9 didn't make me as full as I'd hoped, I added a salad roll to my order. THAT hit the spot, indeed! Pastor John brought up some good ideas, and I gave the Fellowship cards back to Dylan before I forgot. I'll need to ask him about budget and such later on, although I'm sure dollar store cards will be relatively fine. I was glad that I opted to eat first, since I'd have been ABSOLUTELY FAMISHED by the time I got out of the glasses place with BOTH pairs looking pretty good. Now if nothing untoward happens, I'll finally be in good glasses form for that wedding I'm supposed to attend later on this month sometime. :)

Then I went to Loonie Plus to see if I could find birthday cards which were at least somewhat appropriate in a Fellowship context. I came up with nothing, not even blank cards which would probably do in a pinch. Since I prefer to get all my birthday cards at once, I think I'll go to Richmond Centre sometime next week to see what they have there! (Valentine's card, Dad's birthday card, Ivan's birthday card, 40-ish appropriate cards...) It'll be interesting, for sure! Must take attendance as well, so the "blue jeans" notebook my parents gave me for Christmas will do for THAT! Now I must go before the computer kicks me off! (there's a little timer in the corner that counts down how much time I have remaining out of my alloted hour)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt and Sharon,
Flami,
Not sure what you thought about the wildly popular book Blue Like Jazz, but as I read through your website/blog I have to believe you and your readers would enjoy the new book: Brown Like Coffee. I found it at brownlikecoffee.com
I would love for you to read it and review/critique here on your site. Thanks

Saturday, January 5, 2008 at 6:21:00 PM PST  
Blogger Flami said...

Hmm. Thanks for the link. Seems interesting.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 at 12:07:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home