Saturday, January 05, 2008

Firefox disappearing, the return of the mouse, Committee meeting, glasses

My Firefox browser's frozen / disappeared more than thirty times tonight - UGH! Jon called to say that I should want people to come out to the skating program, despite my physical limitations - my presence is going to be an encouragement since I'm now on Committee, he says. Maybe, but it'll be more compelling an argument NOT to have one again if nobody comes out! Haha... nah, I'm being too selfish. :P Eric called to make sure that I wasn't going to the skating program - he assumed correctly! He thinks that I should get traps for mice, but we'll see what the management says - I hope it's helpful, but I'm not too optimistic on that!

Steph called later to say that the skating had been cancelled because Britannia didn't have the Fellowship reservation, and some hockey team had the ice. Good thing it isn't MY responsibility, haha. She said that some people had gone out to eat dinner with Vivian L. because she's going to China next week. However, Steph didn't go since she'd already eaten, so she's hanging out with Vivian S. instead. Then she thought that I was referring to a computer mouse - no, I'm talking about a real live ANIMAL here! (haven't heard rustling for about 90 minutes or so - maybe it died! :P) She said that my vision was more important than a mouse - true if it's a computer mouse, but maybe less so for a real live animal.

Mom said that the restaurant is actually near Happy Date / Great One Supermarket, and not across the street from Sears. Good thing I called her to confirm stuff, since I'd never be able to find the place based on her email directions. :P Especially since she doesn't know the English name of the old China Can, which IS Great One Supermarket now. It made me think of Wayne Gretzky when it changed hands, haha. Eric called me later to remind me about Committee Meeting tomorrow since there wasn't an email sent out about it. My reaction was "CRAP! I was going to get my glasses fixed instead! Thanks for the reminder phone call, dude!" He needs to leave early, as do I. Not sure it'll work if the meeting gets moved, but we'll see - at least we have info now! ;)


Here we have Corey's take on things:

(07:21:21 PM) Flami: ACK! I JUST FOUND A MOUSE!
(07:22:09 PM) Corey: did you kiss it? maybe it's a prince
(07:24:06 PM) Flami: EW, are you crazy?!
(07:24:53 PM) Corey: you know, it's like with frogs
(07:25:06 PM) Corey: I think it's at least worth a try
(07:30:19 PM) Corey: where did you find a mouse?
(07:31:54 PM) Corey: the only time I've seen a mouse was in Arizona... I was watching a movie, and a mouse popped its head out from under the TV stand and looked at me.. this is in the middle of the night, by myself in someone else's house... it took like a week to get them to try to do something about them :P my ex-girlfriend had a toy lightsaber in her room, so I used that to scare the mouse whenever I saw it to make it run away and go under the door :P
(07:32:36 PM) Corey: later, I found that like every other animal, the mice in Arizona are several levels of evil beyond normal
(07:32:48 PM) Corey: it was a Kangaroo Rat, known for biting people :P
(07:33:08 PM) Corey: everything there was poisonous or deadly or mean
(07:33:39 PM) Corey: except maybe road runners :P... and they DID have road runners and coyotes there :D
(07:34:04 PM) Flami: under the couch! toy lightsabers sound crazy, haha
(07:35:59 PM) Flami: good thing I didn't do anything to the mouse when it ran out and then scurried back under the couch
(07:36:27 PM) Corey: they're afraid of lightsabers if you have one :P
(07:37:12 PM) Flami: I don't
(07:37:47 PM) Corey: sounds like you should get some traps. you can get ones that don't kill the mouse, and ones that do kill them, but do it internally somewhere that you can't see it...
(07:37:54 PM) Corey: or maybe that's a landlord issue
(07:40:05 PM) Flami: maybe it IS one... I wonder if this qualifies as an emergency
(07:40:29 PM) Flami: pity it's Friday... Eric says I should maybe get a trap or contact the landlord (in writing, as usual..)
(07:42:20 PM) Corey: in writing? go say "dude, there's a mouse in the room!"
(07:43:03 PM) Flami: the last time I tried verbally communicating my problems to the landlord via the phone, she said that I had to do it in writing :P
(07:50:35 PM) Corey: well, tell her she can go s*** a f***
(08:07:28 PM) Flami: somehow, I don't think that'll do anything good :P
(08:12:03 PM) Flami: that mouse is scaring me now
(08:12:18 PM) Corey: go kiss it!
(08:12:27 PM) Flami: EWWWW
(08:12:37 PM) Corey: even if it's not a prince, you'll make friends with it and everything will be cool
(08:15:25 PM) Corey: I just watched Mythbusters, and they did the myth about an elephant being afraid of a mouse :P Adam put one of the mice on his face, and it tried to go in his mouth
(08:15:29 PM) Flami: EWW
(08:15:32 PM) Flami: no, not that
(08:15:50 PM) Corey: they also found that the elephants WERE afraid of mice, despite them thinking that one was ridiculous and wouldn't happen
(08:16:13 PM) Corey: they didn't freak out and run away, but they took notice and backed off and went out of their way to go around the area with the mouse
(08:21:52 PM) Flami: should I leave a trail of food to make it go out the window?
(08:22:37 PM) Corey: how's it going to get out the window? can it get up that high? out the door would probably be easier, then if you can see it leave, stuff something under the door
(08:22:56 PM) Corey: though mice can squeeze through just about anything, so that might not work :P better than nothing, though
(08:23:15 PM) Corey: probably a bit cold to have the window open, too...
(09:05:31 PM) Flami: true, true...
(09:05:48 PM) Flami: my sister just called and said skating was cancelled, so it's a good thing I didn't go anyhow
(09:08:02 PM) Corey: what kind of skating?
(09:08:57 PM) Flami: ice :P I think they rented it out to some hockey team instead
(09:12:38 PM) Corey: you go ice skating? I thought ice was one of your mortal enemies
(09:21:31 PM) Flami: I don't - a bunch of people did... and there goes the mouse again! AAAAAAAAAAA
(09:22:25 PM) Corey: you're doing it wrong!
(09:22:31 PM) Corey: the mouse scream is "EEEEEEK!"
(09:22:58 PM) Corey: I hope that isn't the kind of mouse that chews your face off while you sleep...
(09:23:40 PM) Flami: Kangaroo Rats do that?! AIYA
(09:23:56 PM) Corey: no, those just bite
(09:24:20 PM) Corey: but other types that live closer to oceans... they're known for that on rare occasions
(09:31:36 PM) Flami: I think I know where the mouse would be... but I'm not about to go there to find out..
(09:39:37 PM) Corey: I suppose this would be a bad time to mention the scene from American Psycho involving a rat...
(09:39:56 PM) Corey: they didn't put it in the movie :P the movie is pretty tame compared to the book
(09:41:54 PM) Flami: I don't think I want to know, but I can guess..
(09:43:01 PM) Corey: okay, guess
(10:11:40 PM) Flami: let me see... rat gnaws on face, making it horribly disfigured, and making the skin hang off the bones of the skull :P
(10:12:46 PM) Corey: oh no, much worse :P you probably don't want to know :P
(10:15:08 PM) Flami: probably not, then
(10:26:56 PM) Corey: involves a really nasty giant sewer rat eating someone from the inside out :P and the rat was put there by the killer, and lured "out" by him too... and the inside was a rather personal place on a prostitute that the killer brought home and drugged or did something else to :P
(10:31:43 PM) Flami: sounds delightfully morbid, but maybe not something I'd actually want to see on screen :P
(10:51:03 PM) Flami: and my browser's disappeared for the tenth time tonight :P
(11:01:43 PM) Corey: try pouring lemon juice in your computer
(11:01:54 PM) Corey: isn't that what makes invisible ink show up again? something like that? :P
(11:02:05 PM) Corey: maybe it works on other disappearing things
(11:08:21 PM) Flami: yeah, but I don't think it'll work on a COMPUTER!
{snip}
(12:15:23 AM) Flami: great... now my browser's frozen!
(12:16:52 AM) Corey: next you'll browse your freezer!
(12:22:00 AM) Flami: wrong :P this is NOT helping me get things done - I wish I had a stable browser :P
(12:22:34 AM) Corey: why don't you get Windows back instead?
(12:22:43 AM) Flami: Eric hasn't had time to install it
(12:23:09 AM) Corey: well, complain more


What element are you?

Earth

You have a lot going on, and yet you still have enough time for everyone you know.

Personality Test Results

Click Here to Take This Quiz
Brought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home