Friday, January 04, 2008

It's safe and comfortable to drink around Dave? WOW!

As soon as I got to the townhouse, Dave and his parents arrived, then Steph came home a bit later. Harmony arrived shortly after Erin's parents and aunt did, and called Jon to see where he was - on his way home from a meeting in New West. We talked about my glasses, familial brands of weirdness, Erin's being in Harmony's old Awana and elementary school, Fred, weddings, Tiffany's internship in Kitchener, the Kansas / Virginia Tech Orange Bowl football game, and "theatre-style around the TV" seating while watching ZZ Top at the Fiesta Bowl. Also discussed Eric and choice, Mom's telling me that I was someone's BOYFRIEND (I didn't know I'd had a sex-change operation recently! :P), Korey (I showed Dave and Harmony some pictures since they've never met him), Toronto, New Year's Eve / Christmas, the beautiful blue water on Harmony's Caribbean cruise, poop, hockey, pay-per-view, and more. Had a lot of food, like the cool seaweed I've had once before - the "highlight" was the winter ale (two servings), cherry beer, and some wine that was 12% alcohol. My sister wanted me to chug it... um, no! Pretty good times, heh. ("it's a safe environment! *tells Harmony the New Year's 2005 story with the wine coolers*")

I got an email from my mom saying that she'd reserved a table of 13 at Chen's Restaurant across the street from Sears for tomorrow at 6:30. Then we all repair to the townhouse for Harmony's ice wine and Mom's mango pudding! (Sunday / Monday / Wednesday / Thursday / Saturday are or were my alcohol days this week, haha!) I guess Myles, Brittney, Holly, and Peter are coming along with Uncle Joe and Auntie Wing - it'll be the ULTIMATE family dinner, for sure! Too bad K can't be there, but there will be other events like this! I've encouraged him to email my parents, and he's done so - I'm proud of him for it! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home