Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I am NOT my boyfriend, thanks very much!

I'm listening to my sister's iTunes in order to get Christmas carols out of my head. Yay! Soon after arriving at the townhouse, I checked my offline messages - there was just one! Then my parents said that I had to learn to be more independent - a bit later, they said that they really wanted my boyfriend to learn this, at least far as taking the Greyhound bus here goes. Seems they met Veronica and Ron today while out doing stuff, and asked how Eric was doing. Eric's parents were a bit miffed (Veronica more so) since K had asked Eric to drive him to and from Chilliwack when he was sick already. "He can take the Greyhound bus since it's only $15 or so, and our son could be a pushover! Eric's been sick, and driving all that way there and back isn't good for his health!"

WE ARE SEPARATE PEOPLE, and I'm not responsible for K's decisions, at least not in this circumstance. I'm irritated that my parents chose to start the New Year off with a quasi-lecture, myself. Mom thinks K might lose Eric as a friend because of this behavior, and is concerned about the example he's setting for Eric's non-Christian parents. Dad just thinks that I need to tell K to be more independent - "if he won't listen to you now, he'll NEVER do so!" While I agree with that, and that the situation isn't good for Eric's health which isn't the best ALREADY, it's not like I myself asked Eric to drive him there and back! (I don't think I'd do that, especially while he's been sick!) K did that himself with no prompting from me. I was going to say something about it, but then the So family arrived with their roast. :P


One bit of hilarity out of all this came from Mom after she gave me a jar of candy to take home. "You're HIS BOYFRIEND, so you should tell him that it's not a good thing to do!" .... I am not a guy, thank you very much! o_O

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home