Thursday, December 06, 2007

Dream of Billie, homework, IE, and big white steps in a hill

I had a weird dream in which I was with Billie at her school in a blue / white classroom. The teacher was a stern lady who taught from behind a big brown oak desk. She demanded to know what I was doing there, and then assigned Billie extra homework because she'd brought an unauthorized person into the classroom. I felt guilty about it, but Billie said not to worry - we'd get through it. At the end of class, the teacher also handed us a pile of reading that we had to finish. We met up with Melia / Frances / Eric / Joey / the kids in front of the church, and explained our predicament. They quickly agreed to help, after they figured out some stuff THEY had problems with.

There was somehow too much bread in the kitchen, so the kids were making way too many peanut butter / margarine sandwiches. Frances was in the toddler room, and she asked me to help translate a story from a book into English since it was in Chinese. I actually managed to help a little! Eric was having troubles of his own, and called me over. He called me "Miss Andrews," and wondered what was with the lack of a blue arrow REFRESH button in Internet Explorer on all the church's computers. I had no idea. Then Stanley and Mike wanted me to help with their project: assigning reasons for albums' positions in the Georgia Straight Top 50 weekly album chart! That proved to be very interesting, indeed!

Later, Jon and I took the bus to Richmond Centre to grab some essentials like pencil crayons and such. We had a lot of bags on the return trip, including a travel bag with much stuff in it. Jon dragged that one to the front of the bus when it was time to get off, but I got stranded on the bus because I had too many burdens to get to the back door in time. The bus meandered along its route since the driver refused to let me off until it got to the next stop. I finally disembarked near a big hill after the bus went on a winding road. Looking up, I could see the outline of the business district in the distance - somehow, I knew that access to the church in the form of my friends was there. I could see big white steps carved into the hill, and wondered how I was going to get up there. There were little steps and a trail in the hill as well, but those weren't going to help when I had a lot of stuff to carry. The dream ended when I was struggling to get up the hill's white steps while looking at the laughing kids on the trail and little steps.

As usual, I don't know why I had this dream... although I have talked a lot with Billie recently! Maybe the steps in the hill are a metaphor about relationships and things like that... other than that, I have no idea.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home