Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Dream of 1892 socks, Nicholas, plates, music scores, and MUCH CHOCOLATE!

I've been complaining to Corey about my Firefox browser disappearing at least 30 times over the past 26 hours, sometimes even before it gets a chance to load in the taskbar! Finally after going through add-ons / Flash / names, he said to reinstall it - I guess it's a good thing Linux doesn't have to have a stinkin' browser to reinstall stuff. Thank goodness he gave me the appropriate commands to type into the Terminal; maybe this will stay until Eric gets here with the way-discounted copy of Windows XP thanks to Kieran and Steph. :P (I need to reply to Billie and Nathan on Facebook, and others via journal comments - UGH!)

I had my monthly drain sleep experience, and had a weird dream:

* I was on a ship with Helen's kid Nicholas. He held my hand as we went around the wooden boards. When we went to the washroom, he had a little door (like a pet door) that he could walk through while I went in the normal way.(shower stalls and benches were around, like in public pools) There were stairs and ramps galore on the ship, and it was pretty red and gold. We were joined by some lady with a pompadour hairstyle - she wanted to go to the ship's restaurant in order to leave a zillion wrapped gifts (green! blue! red! gold!) for Tom and her Myspace friends. Her daughter said that it wasn't a good idea, but was shot down by her mom instantly. Apparently, she'd had a crush on Tom for years ever since they met in school, and he didn't know she was on this ship.

* After going on a little boat with Nicholas and the kid, I came back to find the lady going on various elevators and ramps, trying to find Tom. She was quite the sight with her sequined outfit AND her pile of gifts! We found the restaurant and she left the gifts with the table where Tom and the others were going to sit. Then we ordered some food, since she wanted to see what their reaction would be. They accepted it graciously, but still were too busy for her. We walked around the ship until Helen reclaimed her kid. I joined Helen at her invitation, and instantly time-traveled back a few years...

* One floor was dedicated to 1892 doings, another floor was dedicated to nothing but chocolate and candy since New Years Eve was coming up soon, and yet another couple floors represented the "present" time. I went to join some friends of mine on the "present" floor, and found Raymond / Terry K. / Henry arguing over musical scores. Someone got me a plate of food, and Henry decided to share some of his with me also. After the argument was settled, Henry decided to throw his turkey gravy-soaked plate down a floor. Good thing it landed on a green dust sweeper receptacle like the one my mom used to have when she swept the floor! I decided to do the same after having a warm discussion with someone else about how a fluffy pink sofa stuffed toy with eyes shouldn't be named Arturo. (it looked like a SESAME STREET puppet!) My plate landed right next to Henry's, and nobody really said anything about that.

* I took Arturo and went to the "chocolate and candy" floor, where all the stores were doing a booming business. It was PARTY TIME since it was a CELEBRATION, and some people were even trying to dance on the tray conveyor belts. I soaked up the party atmosphere for a while, then went to a room where a minister was busy extolling the virtues of chocolate and candy. He was telling everyone to be careful of the yellow cake, since that would be for others who abstained from sweets and such during Lent - there wasn't even any blue frosting! I looked at pictures for a while, then went to see how the plates were doing - they were still there, and someone told me to clean it up from the marble floor. In answer, I pressed a few buttons on the nearby wall which zapped me to the 1892 floor.

* A certain kid was an admiral then, complete with wig and pointy nose / shoes. He wanted something from the future (my time) when he would be king. I asked him how that would happen, and he said to go to a certain ramp on the "present time" floor. Accordingly, I did - the king asked me whether I remembered his request from the past. I said I did, and he ordered me to get something. Going to the place where my friends still were, I explained my predicament. Someone helped me out by producing a parrot, but explained that I might want some 1892 white socks with a dotted / striped pattern to wear first. A few magic tricks later, these socks were conjured up. I wore them and took the parrot and Arturo to the king. That was acceptable to him, and he showered me with gifts to take back to my place. The dream then ended... no idea why I had such a subconscious journey!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home