Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Dream of insects, companionship, and purple drinks

Julie S. (julie709), Natalie (chibi_blackie), Sara (sparkle_bint), and John (snooooopy) got my Christmas cards (and Vancouver postcard) - it's good to know they got them (especially Sara, since she lives in ENGLAND!) because I just mailed that bunch of stuff on Friday! As of 12:15, Firefox has disappeared three times, after being FINE overnight... AIYA! Corey says to open up a console window and type "Nautilus" since I can't find that browser - it's true, since I can only find a debug log! File browsers and weird folders, indeed.

Steph resurrected a certain video which I thought was at least dormant from the last time I saw it on Xanga in 2005, and posted it on Facebook. Let's just say my mom likes singing weird stuff... I commented to say "NO!!!! *dies* NOT THIS VIDEO AGAIN!" and Joe said "Oh my. Enough said." Quite so, my friend... although if she uploads ANOTHER video I'm thinking of (car to townhouse laughter!), people will think I'm crazy! I heard from James - he's coming with his family soon... yay! Maybe I'll see him, too!


I had a weird dream featuring an insect infestation at the family home! Jeremy was over to hang out with Jon, and noticed two distinct types of spiders AND an insect which looked like a very round slug. The three of us wondered how to get rid of them; eventually, Jeremy told me that he and Jon were just going to flush the insects down the toilet. Fine by me, since I didn't want to get near them for obvious reasons! The guys thought they'd gotten rid of the problem... but a few of the hardy insects crawled out of the toilet water, formed a tight circle of at least six, and went to my grandma's room where she was doing exercises in her purple-and-white pajamas. We didn't know that until Grandma let out a scream! After we rushed to investigate, we found the insects all over the place.

Since this was a dream and not reality, the guys and I just somehow left the house to meet up with our friends in a field. There was a nice yellow house in the middle of the field, which we commandeered. Turns out the house was smaller than it really appeared, since we were instantly amid a throng of people wanting to do a lot of different things. We went with the group who wanted to watch a Canucks pay-per-view game on TV... the broadcast featured Tuomu Ruutu in an old-style (1990s) Canucks uniform, and analysis on the past and other scores around the league. There were two TVs around - one was for the kids or people who wished to lie down, and one was for people who preferred sitting up. I wanted to just lie down on the plush carpet with someone - he said he didn't mind watching the "kids" TV, and put an arm around me companionably. That was nice...

After that, we went to some VERY swank graduation party held in a large yellow building. (the George D. Watt building with a lot of floors and windows - Jon had to drive us there!) Some kid who looked like Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) was running down the steps where all the grads were, and causing a bit of mayhem for the communications / history / language majors. His parents tried to stop him, but couldn't. My new friends and I just settled down at a table to watch the proceedings - we had a very nice white menu with swirly writing. Our server wanted to know if we wanted more purple drinks called DIANES - of course we did, even with ice! Those were very good. The dream ended when my new friend who watched the hockey game with me was telling me how much he enjoyed just being with my friends and me...

No idea why I had the dream, unless it was reading about how Tuomu Ruutu got mistaken for a robbery suspect recently! And even then, I don't know how the other parts all fit in... o_O (unless I'm thinking of companionable time with someone in particular, oh my!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home