Sunday, December 02, 2007

Dream of a Christmas presentation and hugging Benny!

I had a weird dream yesterday. Almost no idea where it came from, unless I've been doing too much thinking about Awana and Christmas! (the Benny part might come from seeing Anthony the other night) Whoa... it's really snowing now! Good thing that church and stuff was cancelled! Wonder how early my sister will have to leave for the Spice Girls concert tonight... she's not going to waste $101.75 in concert tickets! (I guess...) I also adore my blue fuzzy socks (my sister has an identical pair, in green) which I got last year - yay for staying warm and toasty, as Corey says!


* A bunch of us were outside church, and playing with various kids. Little Nathan was weaving around us, chasing his little friends. His dad called him "Devlin" when calling him to come to their black van... somehow, we all knew that "Devlin" was his secret name used only in situations of extreme stress. Then a couple of other kids saw Phil and Grace, and said that they were together "too much." Um, they're relative newlyweds! Of course they're supposed to spend lots of time in each other's company!

* Went inside the church to find seats for the Awana Christmas presentation. I was in the front with Sam, Benedict, Joey, Danny, a very pregnant black-wearing Anita, Margaret, and the other leaders. The pews were crowded, but I saw my dad crowd into a pew next to Auntie Susanna and ask her how it was going. After a while, I noticed Benny, whom I hadn't seen in a long time. He went over to where we were, and gave me and my brother long hugs. That was very comforting and reassuring. Steph came over and said hi, and he gave her a hug too. Eventually, any of us who'd known Benny were drawn into a giant group hug. The kids noticed and wondered when we'd get out of their way, haha.

* I helped the other leaders with setup, and got my dad to help some people with carrying this huge Santa / winter-themed wrap over their heads so they could place it near where the kids would be. This glasses-wearing girl with long hair whom I knew had grown attached to me over the past few weeks asked me if I could stay with her, so of course I said yes. Teresa asked me to take a digicam picture of her two pink-wearing daughters Gwyneth and Evelyn. I snapped a good picture, and placed the camera back on the pew.

* After the presentation, the uniformed leaders led the kids out around the Christmas tree. We all went to the basement, where we saw various shampoos and cleaners on the shelves. The stuff on the top shelves were for sale, while the stuff on the lower shelves was for our personal use. Interesting Christmas presents... everyone had more than enough for themselves and their families, which was what counted! The dream ended in a frenzy of giving / receiving gifts... no, my subconscious is NOT normal!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home