Sunday, September 30, 2007

Back with Linux!

Back now with a working Linux computer, thanks to Eric. He came over at 11:30, and spent a good few hours on the Linux computer / programming, as well as sending K some joke message along the lines of "I think we should break up since I'm going back to that HUNKY Randal." When I expressed concern that K wouldn't figure it out, he said that he would since he's smart and knew our plans for the afternoon. (and besides, I've never referred to Randal as "hunky" :P) Good thing he did! I will definitely add a post with some crazy dreams later on - believe me, these are some real doozies!

I have also joined Facebook, only because I believe in keeping my promises - especially to Darren, haha. So add me if you like! Andrew's moaned about not being the first to write on my wall, but only the second. Since I know how he can be, he probably wanted to beat everyone else to it! At least now I can keep in touch with various people - my sister describes it as "caving," and Jesse says that productivity will die. True, true... but I should stop cannibalizing people's friends lists for now, and get to bed!

"If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was." This saying has been much on my mind tonight.


Here's a quick (?) recap of the past few days:

TUESDAY NIGHT: LA FIN DU MONDE rocks as a beer - Jon even got Grandma to try some, whereupon she grimaced and did not look impressed... haha, so amusing! Talked to him and Nathan about mooncake legends, Harmony, Nathan bringing "a girl" next year (my parents didn't specify - Nate can bring his unrelated twin sister instead!), Korey, Auntie Grace, Dave, Sunday dinner at Christon's, etc. So good to joke around, haha. Also called Eric, who said that Korey had wanted him to make sure that my ringer was on. That wouldn't have worked, heh. I WAS SLEEPING! Eric thinks the Mid-Autumn Festival is about moon worship and fire dragon dances - I DON'T THINK SO! More like secret messages and such! He's crazy, but that's why I love him! Haha.


WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY: Do a lot of reading about true crime / stuff in Bathroom Readers. Call K since I want to talk to him - interesting discussion, for sure!


FRIDAY: Go to Fellowship and learn news about Randal's life that makes me sad for him. Jeremy also biked into a moving car which cut him off - he was thankful that there was already a shaped groove in the car's side, but we told him to go home and rest, especially since he was still sick! Isabel said that her group accidentally included a lot of chocolate in their food hamper (two things of chocolate and some Nutella) - oh well, the kids can't live on canned beans / powdered milk alone! Stanley's now a member of my Fellowship, and hangs out with Ray, which is funny since he's only 16! Raymond remembers that I have something for Terry to give to him, which is cool. Steph, Cindy, Ivan, and I are all eating dinner and bugging Karen Grace about not sitting with everyone else. Jon says that he knows he can count on me and Eric for Sunday dinner attendance at Christon's - of course!

Karen Choo gives me a birthday card in which she says some good things about K, Jeremy and I gripe about expiry dates coming up in the next two days on stuff we JUST bought, Steph and Jon discuss Karen's amusing typo ("0 grams of FAG in the apple cider recipe!"), Jen and I complain about excessive enthusiasm, we learn about the Thanksgiving Carnival, Citrus bemoans his status as a "multi-tool" when the girls go down to the States / Danielle's expensive shopaholic taste which she gets from her mom, and Mike and Sam try lifting up the heavy food hampers - NOT A GOOD IDEA, GUYS! Jen and Jeremy laugh when I say something about "actualizing our goal" since we were talking about the 40 Days answer key and how it sounds like something from DILBERT / those buzzword business seminars. Later, Jen opines that it's freezing outside - definitely fall weather now. Dylan thinks "milk chocolate" is "chocolate milk" when we're talking about Turtles chocolate, Jeremy and Ray joke about getting "common-law status" for their apartment (we're not in the United Church!), Cindy and I are sad about satellite kids, Dylan gets grossed out when Cindy talks about dirty toys, Jeremy says mud is FINE (but not on toys which haven't been washed for years!), and we talk about babysitting / resources for a while. The "different" woman Teresa talks to me about food and church and boyfriends - she also thinks Andrea uses the Bible to judge and criticize people. Nah, she's just passionate about her faith! On the way home, my sibs and Eric joke that I made Randal more subdued than usual - "See what you've done?!" Oh, shush.


SATURDAY: I call Henry back, who had called before I'd even left the church - we loitered till 11! He can't pick me up today, so I have to rely on Ada - not a huge problem! Eric comes over later and does a bunch of work on the computer, then jokes that my passwords aren't that secure anymore because he knows some of them: meh, it's all right since I trust him! I read him stuff from one of my Bathroom Readers, eat noodles before he eats his own lunch, marvel at the number of Yahoo email messages I have (17,833?!), try to understand programming, laugh over a glittery butt story, tell him about unrestrained giggling in Helena (Montana), and get screws / a screwdriver for him while looking for scissors / a nail clipper (which I find the day after I buy new ones), and get us both some water. We make a side trip to NCXI near Richmond Sushi in the rain as well. He leaves before Ada gets here, and I have fun at Awana. Ian tells me that I'm a "space brain chicken" and that he wants a monster with 1000 eyes / "infinity" legs / a lot of mouths to suck his / my brain because I'm a baby like his brother. Thanks, kid - love you too. Get home and start catching up on stuff - apparently, my mom's bought curry cubes / BBQ sauce / other cubes so she can teach me very basic cooking. When I get her on the phone later, she tells me all the typical "mom" stuff about saving money and suchlike - I know! :P

Talk to Corey on MSN, who wants to know if I'm using a "bash shell" - no idea. He gently poked fun at me because I thought Nair wouldn't work, and asked if I knew why Firefox used 100% of his CPU on his laptop - no, and I wish I knew why Firefox kept closing suddenly on here! (the Internet ceased working for a while, so I called Eric - who was still at the game - I turned off the computer, unplugged the BLACK thing from the modem, plugged it back in, and then turned things on again!) Tell a bunch of people via email that I'll bring mooncake to Sunday Dinner - I haven't really gotten to a bunch of email / comments yet, but I guess that's what the week will be for!



Your Score: 1 Season, but...


( 38 Costs, 50 Reception, and 46 Cult Appeal)






You made a smart play, marketing yourself to FOX as a one-season shot. Given your ease of production, they figured they had nothing to lose. Fortunately, the gambit paid off, and you managed to find an audience. You're not a ratings juggernaut by any means, but you made enough of a mark to get FOX interested in you again. You may not be able to get back for the long haul, but you've done a pretty good job at what you set out to do.




Link: The When Will FOX Cancel You? Test written by hashtable on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the The Dating Persona Test

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home