Friday, August 24, 2007

Getting married to sisters IS Biblical, and so is passing off your wife as your sister!

It was good times tonight with my sibs, Erin, Derek, and Darren... they didn't like Jon's double IPA Amnesiac, but I was used to the bitter taste and liked it better than the Great White Beer. (so tame in comparison!) We talked about the good smoked salmon, young fathers like Kenneth and Fabian's brother ("Hey Fabian, how's Colin?" "He has a child now..." "... WHAT?!"), Phil or Melia putting their 98-year-old grandma on Facebook as the oldest person to ever use that site (she adds people, and even leaves messages on people's walls!), Randal and Korey being on Facebook, and this cool PNE exhibit that involved this dude constructing houses out of 20 pounds of playing cards a day. SO INTERESTING, and he even has a Guinness Book of World Records award for it too! When we talked about couples, Erin expressed astonishment at this one couple who got married after not even dating for a full year, and Jon said that the guy definitely knew what he wanted! Eddie and Eunice have been going out for five or six years (with a year's break in between), and Citrus and Danielle can't get married yet because of various reasons.

Jon got a call from Harmony, and Steph thought that we'd lost him for the evening - that turned out to be untrue. He told Darren about her insomnia, and joked that they'd take Darren out clubbing at a gay bar (Celebrities?) for an unofficial Fellowship program on the weekend. Somehow, this led to a series of jokes about how Darren had to finish a Guinness before he goes to Ireland / telling his mother that he wanted three kids by the time he turned 20 next year (he JUST turned 19 this past weekend, so he can have triplets!) / how he'd go into all these Irish pubs. Not sure his mom was too impressed, but the six of us were having a good time - four of us were crammed on the couch, someone was on the piano bench, and someone else was on the chair near the TV. Imagining family holiday get-togethers at the townhouse is making me giggle - good thing Harmony's skinny so she could still easily fit by me, K, and Jon! Hahaha. I don't think she was too impressed by Jon's line of "Hey, I could marry Holly [her sister, who's engaged to Peter] since it's Biblical because Rachel was supposed to be Jacob's first wife before Leah! I could also pass one of you off as my sister, but I remember strange things happened to the Egyptian king when that came about!"

Darren said that he'd seen Joe's new apartment, and that it compared to Daniel and Michelle's - theirs is quite good for a married couple! He'd seen Chris off on Tuesday night, which is good - it'll be some time before these friends are reunited again! We talked about what we watched on TV: Teen Choice Awards, Teen Tournament on JEOPARDY (Mother Teresa NOT being Mohammed / My Chemical Romance / Panic! At The Disco / Jack London / DON QUIXOTE), baseball (Jays-Angels / 30-3 game), football (Michael Vick and dogfighting - I remember when Eric told me it had been all over the news, and then I couldn't stop hearing about it), hockey (Brett Hull looks so old), basketball (US wasted the Virgin Islands 123-59 in a FIBA game), FRIENDS, Elton John on MuchMoreMusic (Jon protected Darren from the cheesiness by changing the channel), MuchMusic, THE SURREAL LIFE etc. Everyone marveled at how I finished a 250-page novel just today, and discussed HARRY POTTER deaths. Hey, I read quickly, and it's not like they MINDED my reading since I was still able to take part in the conversation! We're such good friends that it's not exactly RUDE, haha. (reminds me of how we three and Nathan were reading the paper at Chianti's that time) I made Jon sign a bunch of birthday cards, so we talked about the two Anitas (Tung is away, and Wong = Chow) / Andrew / Adam / Citrus and his golden birthday (24 on the 24th - we'll look forward to Erin's in five years when she'll be 31 on the 31st!) / not much you could do about a golden birthday being early in the month / Jeremy / Christon / David's son Ian and his brother Gabriel.

The discussion turned to the Cloverdale corn maze on Saturday (whether Calla could go?), and Steph brought up the corn maze outing a few years ago when Sean was totally hitting on Adela throughout the maze AND dinner afterwards. That reminded me of a couple of Sean stories: Brian coming over to our table at the Cactus Club one night looking totally disgusted, to inform us that Sean said "this Caesar salad's so good... it's giving me an orgasm!" No wonder his table had cleared the instant he said that! Then there was the one where he was at Congee Noodle House with Adela, her friend, me, Jon, and someone else - possibly Nathan. When the girls went to the washroom, he started in on telling us how "I want a hot mama who can bear me 30 children in 10 years!" So we looked at him and asked whether he realized what that meant (triplets every year for 10 consecutive years?!), and got this response: "My sperm is very powerful and could exhaust the system of her ovaries!" Then the girls came back from the washroom, so of course we had to tell them what Sean had been talking about. Sean tried to backpedal: "I wasn't talking about ovaries... I was talking about POETRY!" Yeah right! Everyone found the stories very funny, and Jon vaguely remembered the latter - only Sean would say such things!

When we ate watermelon, it was obvious that Erin and her brothers are amateurs compared to us eating machines! Steph predicted she'd be peeing a lot (as long as it's not puking it up :P), and Erin mentioned that she'd been embarrassed at all-you-can-eat sushi recently when she had to go to the bathroom three times during the course of the evening due to a lot of green tea. Talked about Winnie expecting again, and my unisex name - it's good for both a boy and a girl, but I sometimes wish for a more pretty moniker. *sigh* Jon made Mom spit out her tea all over the table when he casually mentioned that Leslie Nielsen was her "favorite" actor, haha. He'd also seen Winnie's sister Jenny at work recently, which is cool.

Just before the visitors left, they laughed over my mom's desktop - Steph changed it at Darren's request to the Kandoo frog wiping his butt with toilet paper! Mom wondered how THAT got on her computer, and I had to tell her that I put it on there one day when I was bored. It has a lot of amusement potential, and was something to see after a lot of pictures as a screensaver - including one of Harmony since Erin's parents have never met her. Now I'm home after discussing relationships with people, and Chinese Eric's asked if I know Cantonese. Probably not that much compared to him, but I can get by if we want subterfuge! (haha) He thinks K is a cool guy, and wants to hang out with him more - maybe the next time he's in town, since K's expressed a desire for such! Told him that Fay is definitely invited to my birthday dinner, barring schedule tie-ups... she'd better be at her boyfriend's good friend's dinner, haha. Not that we'll make her feel guilty if she isn't, of course. Ah, the beer's left my system now - too bad! Hahaha, maybe I should get some Amnesiac Ale - the bitter taste isn't THAT horrible! (Guinness next? Hahaha... only had it once!)

Kandoo frog desktop:

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home