Saturday, August 18, 2007

The first tie in 13 years, bubble tea, changes, and more!

I was really late in meeting Eric because of the bus route changes due to construction. So annoying! We discussed my socks, BC Lions football, how it's my fault that everything goes wrong (whatever!), his repetition of things a few times in a row, and a Pho dinner. It was really busy at the bank, so Dylan and he decided to do things another time. At Pho, we met Jen / Karen C. / Stanley - it was an interesting discussion! We did get into the endearments we called our guys. Karen thinks BABE is cute! Jen can't use "sweetheart" since "sweetie" is pretty damn close, and Karen has a bunch of public / private nicknames: she can use "wife" on Ivan once to see his reaction, haha. Discussed SLB last night, vegetables, TRANSFORMERS / RATATOUILLE / SPIDER-MAN / BATMAN, Greg's picture (rugged longshoreman type), how Korey liked last weekend, when Jen would get to meet him (maybe at my birthday thing!), lots of red sauce, limes, my having Karen's carrot soup, and Stanley wanting a $3000 guitar.

Went to church and saw Karen Lew - SHE IS BACK! Sheena said that she heard a lot from Karen Choo last weekend about my boyfriend, so she hugged me while telling me how happy she was. She'll probably get to meet him next month. Went downstairs and talked to Randal a bit about last night, before we started worship and Bible Study. I was pre-occupied thinking about the memories of last week, and Chuck teased me about it while we exchanged phone numbers. Andrea knew he was being goofy, for sure. Yeah, you'll meet the guy too if you're free whenever I schedule my birthday thing! Jeremy made some neat art out of his styrofoam plate, we learned Frances is four months pregnant (can't even really TELL that she's due in January!), Jen offered her house as backup for the "beach / barbecue / beer" outing (which Dylan can't make it to because of a conference his friends are attending - I must buy chips), and Andrea was amused at what Auntie Beatrice thought would be a good workshop - yes, let's all talk about marriage! Jeremy asked what kind of marriage they'd be discussing... what do you THINK, dude? Teresa asked us her usual round of questions - not sure what K would have made of her, but sooner or later he'll be asked those too!

After Fellowship, I went upstairs when I sensed the other group was done. I wrote a few birthday cards since Jon had given them back to me after Committee meeting, and gave them to Vanessa (for Pat) / Cindy / Darren, who also got his sister Erin's card. Karen and Darren were hitting each other with the cards, while Vania looked on in great amusement. He was trying to tell her that she missed a lot while she was gone (like the grad banquet), and I jumped in with: "Yeah... you totally missed the chance to meet my new boyfriend!" She asked his name, and I told her - guess she'll have to meet him next month, too. Then Darren tried making a new girlfriend up too, but didn't do so well when Karen asked what her name was... let's hope he doesn't bring home an Irish lass because his mom wouldn't be too happy! Eventually, it was time for Dragon Ball - I said hi to Mike, Chrystal, Citrus, Christon, and a restless Angus. Steph asked where Eric was, so I went downstairs - he was with Karen Choo, discussing Fellowship money matters. I told him to hurry up since we were going to Dragon Ball, and then shushed Dylan who was going on about stuff with Jeremy and Jon. Me, I don't mind loitering... but there gets to be a time when enough is enough!

At Dragon Ball, we discussed mango-red bean (mine), taro-Horlicks-Ovaltine (Jon's), and supreme milk tea (Christon's, which I must try)! Karen had a bunch of pics on her digicam, Dylan didn't know why he was looking at a Swarovski crystal catalog, people misheard Christon's "eight maybes" (for the corn maze outing) as "eight babies" (who in the fellowship has eight babies?!), and Steph refrained from bubble tea because she's trying to get in shape for RCMP stuff. We also discussed the 45-45 TIE in the football game, China, budgeting, and a bunch of other things - $3000 is a CAR, maybe... but a guitar? Oh, Stanley... we forget he's only going into Grade 11 as a junior Daniel Fellowship member!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home