Monday, August 13, 2007

Don't ask how we get lost to / from the washrooms...

After my last entry, it was K's turn to take a nap on Eric's bed while I half-watched Eric play STARCRAFT demonstrations. I didn't mind that K held my hand as he rested. Eventually, we all used the washroom to change into grad banquet wear: much was made of my dragon bling necklace. Good thing I was able to just slip it over my head and not have to ask for help with it, but I would have if need be! Watched a bit of MEAN GIRLS, then Eric looked up the dinner location before we got going. I found it amusing when Eric asked if I were allergic to cats when we got to the house; I've been over a lot through the years, and this is the first time I get asked this question? Haha. My siblings are, though!

Grad banquet was fun as usual: we saw Joe, whom I got to cut my chicken for me. K said he could have done it, so I'll keep that in mind for future reference. Better than my potential splattering of food all over Cindy, heh. K seemed to get along with Janette's parents, even if he wanted to sit by Nathan (who'd slept in this morning) and Eric in the cramped corner. He wouldn't have been able to get in or out as easily, and we got a much better view of the roasts and such! Discussed his plans, the cold weather in winter, Christmas, his birthday, aloofness of people back east, his bad work shift, lack of sleep, etc. Talked to Erin about missing my birthday, two-year-old birthday cards found while cleaning up, and how we used to lock Steph out of my room on Rosehill Drive. Seeing Jon as Emily in Mike's skit of how they met was amusing, as was Joey and Darren's song for Ivan and Chris. Got Grace to take a picture of us: she congratulated me and said she was happy for me.... then she asked if we had Facebook; he does, and I don't! Then K had an idea to take a picture with me and my sibs - Steph rolled with it, and told us to take a "third wheel" picture. Eric looked hilarious enough doing an impression of someone who was frustrated with being the third wheel, haha. ("head in hands" pose!)

Turns out Auntie Esther and I both have a bad sense of direction: I got lost on the way TO the washrooms, and we both got disoriented on our way back. K thought something was wrong when I briefly put my head on his shoulder: nope, I just wanted that contact! :P Besides, it's something I won't be able to do in a bit, so might as well do so now! Steph brought a pop-top bracelet for K, who asked me to help tie the blue strings... I know I'm hopeless at that, so got Erin to help him instead! Mingled a little; could have done more if I didn't want to make sure K was happy. Eric came by later and noted that Korey was on the wrong side to hold hands - yeah, I've noticed that myself with our opposite hands, but not much we can do!

Went home afterwards, and Korey asked if I'd talked to my parents yet about what they thought of the lunch. No, but I called the house and ended up talking to my brother about breakfast arrangements for tomorrow, Korey, and MSN. Jon gave us a few options like the Rhizome Café, De Dutch, some place on Broadway / Main, etc. He doesn't think he'll go since he has a lot of work to do AND he wants to save money since he just committed to lunch and possibly dinner out as well. Sounds good to me! We'll miss each other more this time round, for sure. Jon told me that Korey appeared to have gone offline (which was true when I checked the window), and said to say goodnight for him - he'll see him around next time for my birthday, definitely! Korey just called to tell me to get up at around 8:30, and they'll pick me up later on. That should be fine, as long as I don't get lost on the way home... whenever THAT is, since his bus leaves at 1:45 from the Greyhound bus depot. Apparently, this depot is across the street from some Skytrain station, so I'll see where it is tomorrow. (if that's the case, it'll be easier to transit from home to there if I ever go to Kamloops!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home