Friday, August 10, 2007

Dream of a strange dinner party

Corey thinks I'm not ever allowed to win - well, my Shanghai food dinner obviously beats YOUR dinner of leftovers! Maybe if he'd had something like venison and sumptuous desserts like you'd get on a cruise ship... although I'm sure he'd beat me at GUITAR HERO very handily if I were to ever play!

I had a strange dream last night that at first consisted of me and my friends running from room to room. Then we saw Mom (who got REALLY stressed when we asked to LEAVE) and a bunch of people I haven't thought of in years at a dinner party at Vernon's opulent house. Andrew was helping to serve the food, while Edith and Carina were talking to Judy and others about kids. There were a lot of babies, including Sophia's Olivia who was a bit older than she is now (two?) and talking to me. I saw chocolates, flowers, and a card that my siblings had signed to Olivia. Mom wanted me to throw red wrapping in the garbage, but I knew it was Jayden's stuff. There were two sisters called Over and Night Smith, and I recall thinking that the Bad Baby Names Forum would have a field day with those names! A dad was coaxing his little daughter Harmony to go up to Over and Night to say hi, but she wouldn't. Julie C., my sibs, Eric, a bunch of others, and I were watching a video about this black guy who wanted to go back home in order to convince his brother not to become a male prostitute. Eventually, someone else grew out of the brother's head, and that was the beginning of the consequences if he should become one! Very much a cautionary tale, but I don't know why kids were in the room for THAT!

In real life, I do not know anyone named Jayden - can't say I'm a fan of the name, either! I did know Sam and Connie's son Jaden (and saw him at a recent wedding), but that's all. Haven't been thinking of kids, baby Anne, or others recently either. Very strange.

Eric H. left me messages on MSN, so he rocks! Nathan can't come tomorrow, he himself will be out all day so wants me to call his cell when we're ready to go for bubble tea tomorrow / ask white Eric if he wants to come, and his cousin might not come since he has friends here. Sounds like a good plan to me! Jon just called and wants me to find an Enron book at the library since he has to speak about the scandal at the grad banquet - I wonder who he's roasting, if this is part of a speech! He's already on the bus to church, so can't do it himself. I'll do it then, and hope I'm back before Eric calls at 7-ish!

Edit: Went to library by way of walking in Minoru Park (been ages!), and came back in an hour with an appropriate book. (PIPE DREAMS: GREED AND THE DEATH OF ENRON) Also borrowed PANATI'S EXTRAORDINARY ENDINGS OF EVERYTHING for myself since I was there... the barcode scanline thing on the self-checkout machine is capricious sometimes! It's the perfect morbid reading to while away my weekend with... and I like the letter W, apparently. :P Got back to find that Eric had called me just a few minutes before I was home - he'll be here at 6:40 since he has to be there early to set up movie stuff. He was home for some reason I didn't catch, but whatever. I can live with two Pho meals in three days since I've done it before... I'll just order slightly different things for dinner and lunch! (the last time, it was #36 with beef or chicken!) Now it's time to shower!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home