Sunday, August 12, 2007

Apparently, he looks hip and we look cute together!

Eric and Korey picked me up late, but that was okay since I used the time to read about Jack the Ripper. Apparently, Eric thinks I was plotting his demise, but that isn't true even if I gave him a death threat for referring to me as a cougar on the phone! Talked about last night, sushi, plans for lunch, being late for service since we couldn't make it in 10 minutes, grad banquet and dressing up, etc. Got to church service late as predicted, and held Korey's hand through most of it... he didn't seem to mind when I moved our hands from the pew to my leg since the hard surface was killing my fingers! It gets interesting when I'm standing as directed and he's still sitting down, but we managed - I'd have stayed seated, but I like being able to see the words to our worship songs on the Powerpoint slides. :P Talked to Andrea, who smiled at us - Grace later said that we look cute together, which is cool. Said hi to Randal before going out to the parking lot to chat with the usual bunch of people. Andrea took a picture of us, we met Karen's friend Polly and her kids (who are Karen's godchildren), talked to my sibs about lunch, told Chris that he looked darker than usual, discussed work with Jeremy (we both went for sushi last night!), interacted with little Hannah and Joshua (he had a collection of rocks!), and introduced Korey to Uncle Peter / Mike. Went to the toddler Sunday School class earlier than usual, where Korey seemed to get along well with Auntie Tracy - Rachel's grandma seemed happy when I introduced her, and Rachel loved her cute beaded necklace! Talked about God, pharmacy, school, Kamloops, family, translation, soya sauce chicken, Vania, support, good friends, Eric, and more. It was interesting, for sure!

After Sunday School, I decamped to use the washroom. During that time, Korey was apparently "cornered" by a couple of people, including Auntie Susan - she's really nice, so no worries there. Made him meet Andrew after I admired Natalie's seashells, and talked about VBS for a bit before he left. (Facebook and Youtube!) Went outside to talk to people there - talked to Vivian and a bunch of other people we'll see tonight at the grad banquet. Wished Jeremy luck with his jazz gig tonight, discussed roastings and time constraints with talks, and then left in two cars for lunch. It proved to be interesting: Eric said that Chris thought Korey looked hip, he got introduced to a bunch of family in-jokes, got to see Eric's clumsiness in action, discussed hanging out later at Eric's, Jon not being impressed that K called me "babe" (whatever), noodles, water, tea, forks, chopstick technique, sushi, bubble tea, church, Sabbath work jokes, etc. It wasn't too bad - we saw Eva and Ruth Chen, whose brother Sam is married now!

Went to Eric's house with the guys after lunch, where we dissected the meal. Eric told me not to turn into a witch in his house after I laughed really hard at a GARFIELD comic about Jon going out to the kiddy pool in cold wet swim trunks / the neighbors wanting to call the cops. Watched TLC and All Saints on Youtube before taking a short nap on Eric's bed. Looked up transit and Greyhound stuff while Eric was using his laptop in the living room - K and I talked about a bunch of stuff, too. I used the computer after K did while he and Eric were playing STREET FIGHTER, and used the IE window for Children of Bodom / X-Ray Spex videos: the former got branded as "babe, you listen to devil worship music!" Haha, you KNOW it! In fact, that's where I'm blogging from now! It was nice holding hands with K, and I'll miss that when he leaves!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home