Monday, August 13, 2007

Caffeine makes me awake enough to say goodbye over a few hours!

Eric and Korey picked me up shortly after 9, and teased me about slamming the door / not being used to getting up at that hour. In the last few weeks, it's gotten a bit easier to be up before noon, haha. We decided to just go to Denny's on Marine Drive - so much for Jon's breakfast option list of last night over MSN / the phone, haha. As we got out of the car when Eric dropped us off, I confirmed that Eric would be at SLB night on Thursday as he teased us about stuff. At least I'll have a ride, maybe?

Talked about last night, the lunch, thoughts, dessert, coffee, creamers, Sunrise Service, my eating more than he did (we TOLD you that we were eating machines!), French toast / pancakes / hash browns, Grace being happy for us, nice people he'd met this weekend, Janette and Andrea rapping, the Vitamin C song GRADUATION, Vanessa's song for Cindy, jalapeno spice in the morning, hot and sour soup, taking a cab from there to the bus depot (across the street from the Main Street / Science World Skytrain station - don't go to the Sinclair Centre at Waterfront, but go the other way!), and MSN. Interesting conversation, for sure!

Took a cab to the bus depot, where I hung out with him until his bus left at 1:45. Ran a few errands for him while we talked about stuff, which resulted in confusion over money and batteries (double or triple A?) for the mix CD in the Discman... let's just say that running back and forth seven times from where we sat to the gift shop makes me look like an idiot! (got myself some raspberry-flavored water, and somehow didn't mind the mingling of our cash in my pocket, haha!) I don't know much about batteries, that is for sure! (headphones and such are awkward for me, but at least escalators won't be an issue in this relationship...) He thought I was sleeping - not really, with the noises of the depot around me! Checked the time on his phone a bit, looked at the pictures on his phone, and went to the cappuccino bar at around 1 since it was closer to the buses.

Had mango-banana and strawberry-banana smoothies with some banana bread while talking some more. He wanted me not to be sad since we'd be seeing each other in a little over a month: I know, but I'm still a bit sad at his leaving! Talked about communication, sweet stuff, Jon and Harmony, being quiet at lunch, cool people / accents (Scottish ones are thick!), birthday dinners, his ticket being in a female name, school, only here for one day and a bit next time, and some other stuff. It was worth spending the extra time with him, for sure!

Got confused as to direction inside the Waterfront Skytrain station - not Canada Place! (gee, I *wonder* why it doesn't look like what I'm used to?!) After a bit, I found familiar ground and went to buy potato salad / baking soda at Save-On in Richmond... also priced Bailey's with mint (so popular, yet almost $28 - not in my budget right now with SLB coming up!) at the liquor store! New bus stops were a bit confusing, but not by much. Got home to find an email from Cindy, and a phone call from Korey - I told him I wouldn't be home within an hour, haha. Oh well, I should call him back before I do some laundry! Somehow, I'm missing a toothpaste tube - I also found a dime in my bathroom sink. Not sure how those things happened... o_O


Matt's away message really resonates for some reason, containing the lyrics to the Mr. Big song Just Take My Heart When You Go. Yikes!

It's late at night, and neither one of us is sleeping
I can't imagine living my life after you're gone
Wondering why so many questions have no answers
I keep on searching for the reason why we went wrong

Where is our yesterday?
You and I could use it right now
But if this is goodbye

Just take my heart when you go
I don't have the need for it anymore
I'll always love you, but you're too hard to hold
Just take my heart when you go

Here we are about to take the final step now
I just can't fool myself, I know there's no turning back
Face to face, it's been endless conversation
But when the love is gone, you're left with nothing but talk

I'd give my everything
If only I could turn you around
But if this is goodbye

Just take my heart when you go
I don't have the need for it anymore
I'll always love you, but you're too hard to hold
Just take my heart when you go

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home