Friday, July 20, 2007

Serves you right to get killed with your own knife!

Eric called me at 6:15 to say that he meant to call me earlier, but it had been busy at work - he'd pick me up in 15 minutes since he was leading worship, which was enough time for me to have a quick dinner. Once he got here and called me "Miss Never Answer The Phone," he asked what I'd been up to this week. Told him about Wednesday's outing with the parents, so he figured that the rest of the week had been relaxing. Pretty much! He asked if I talked to Korey much this week, so I told him that I did that every day. The he figured that I distracted Korey from other things - maybe, I wouldn't know! He got a phone call from David Sum, who's back in town temporarily, so we discussed breakfast places for tomorrow. We bemoaned the bad traffic and idiots who drive in the rain! Then we noticed some discrepancies in gas prices: why pay 108.6 when the station across the street is selling it for 104.9?

At church, he gave me money for pork and rice at Pho. I headed over there and saw Jen and Karen, so I updated them on my week. We discussed "spiritual friendship," awakening, ages, friendship time / anniversaries, how God brings people together to bond (sitting across from each other at last year's combined barbecue AND my birthday party!), meeting Jen through Nathan, being at church for a LONG time, creative writing courses, Pussycat Dolls singers (Korey would know about firings, not me!), pop music as chilling from intellectual challenges, who Korey was since Jen has never met him before, ideas for Fellowship programs, carrot soup, and taking stuff out. One of the waitresses recognized me and said that it had been "long time no see"... yeah, I hadn't seen her in a bit! When I got back to the basement, Stanley gave me a high-five and said that he'd done a lot of swimming this week at Killarney. I saw Citrus and Cordia, and looked at the July birthday cake and the mango jelly cups. (no idea what "konjac" is!) Asked Cordia how she was enjoying that morbid deaths book - she loved the story about a guy who got killed when his knife ricocheted off the tire of someone in front of him whom he was mad at! Stanley clapped when he heard that story, haha. Citrus just teased me by saying I spent too much time at Chapters, and they knew ALL about my Bathroom Reader fetish. Right.... *rolls eyes and laughs*

Raymond wondered what Bathroom Readers were, so I should really pack one to let him borrow next week! (I did attempt to tell him what they were, of course) He said he's reading a good book on leadership, and will have the last Harry Potter book delivered by Costco even though he hasn't read the previous six! (yay for new hobbies!) I have no idea whether the newest Harry Potter movie is better than the book it's based on, though. He'd planned to go to a barbecue for the kids at his church, but might cancel it because of the rain. I plan a lo-fi weekend myself! Signed the July birthday cards for Dianne, Connie, and Frances - I encountered trouble with the pen Karen gave me for signing purposes. Asked Eric what was wrong with it, but he said it was just me - THANKS. What looked like the pen lid was really the end of the pen, and the pen lid looked like the writing end... Kevin encountered the same problem later on, so I helped him with it. (SO CONFUSING!)

While we were having the pretty good cake and refreshments, Jen wondered where Jeremy was - I don't know! Eric said that he'd gone back to Kelowna, so no wonder that the night was less amusing without his humor! Talked to Dylan for a bit, whose mom is facing mortality issues. The "different woman" Teresa joined us, so we talked to her: of course she asked everyone their first and last names! We're used to it by now, haha. Talked to Sheena and Karen about PMS, breaking out, bloating, fashion, and other girly things. I didn't know Connie liked bananas and was a snob about them! Later, Chuck heard it when Andrea and I giggled over Korey, and said that he KNEW those giggles. You do indeed, but we're not talking about you! Later, Eric went upstairs to look for Nathan, who'd left already. Then Steph told me that she was sleeping over at Vanessa's, then spending money while shopping tomorrow - I do NOT get worked up over being the last in the family to know something! Nice impression you're giving Danielle and Vanessa there, dude!

We wondered who was blocking us in the parking lot; it turned out to be Melia and Angus, who waved at us on the way to their car. On the way home, Eric and I stopped for gas. We then talked about wind, being cold / damp because of his jacket (I touched his hands and they weren't FREEZING - they did have SOME heat!), the slightly-open windows, Mr. Freeze the super-villain, Poopsmith and Homestar Runner, calling his dad, voice recognition not really working after a bit, poop, Chinese words for poop, farting (yeah, we're really mature :P), overkill on worship songs (FAMOUS ONE and THE STAND), repeating what he just said about Sunday's worship set, and childhood / childbirth agony. He wondered if there was something I wasn't telling him, but I'd misheard "childbirth" as "childhood," haha. I asked what I should change my MSN name to: his original suggestion was too long for my personal taste, so "baby hamsters!" it is!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home