Sunday, July 15, 2007

Panties on Hoops is the name of a future band around here!

I can't sleep - this is ridiculous. Granted, it's not as bad as the time a couple weeks ago where I kept waking up every half hour to an hour and simply couldn't sleep. But still, you'd think I'd be tired out after all the walking I did at the mall and the Night Market! Crazy stuff!

The Night Market was pretty fun yesterday: Jon, Nathan, Eric, Christon, Jeremy, and I spent 2.5 hours there mostly looking at DVDs and food. There was a stand which had 7 DVDs on sale for $20, so we spent a lot of time picking out movies and looking at them: Jet Li, Jackie Chan, Stephen Chow, Wong Kar-Wai, RUSH HOUR 1 and 2, LETHAL WEAPON 4, DRUNKEN MASTER, DUMPLINGS, THE EYE, etc. Panties on Hoops would make an interesting band name, inspired by one particular stand there. Jeremy said that he was inspired to make his own soap, based on a conversation he had with someone at the farmer's market where he bought a bar for $7. Guess it's worth it if it doesn't dry out your skin and has no preservatives or other bad stuff included. We were trying to come up with the most unlikely item we could buy over there - magic bras were a strong contender for that, and so were busts and nipple warmers! Jeremy wanted some sugarcane juice, so Jon called Nathan to tell him where we were: "SUGARCANE JUICE!" was repeated at least five times during that conversation, haha. Jon and I both had a sip of it using Jeremy's straw - he didn't mind, of course. We noticed the absurd price spread at that stand: $3.50 with ice, and $6 without! I'd rather have it WITH the ice! There were a few people in farmer attire going through the market who called Jeremy a Communist and said he ought to get a job! We were wondering what was up with that, until Jon figured that it was probably his "Work Less Party" button - better to have white trash in character than bad karaoke! (we didn't really get that either - just a show with people modeling wedding / prom / bridesmaid dresses for at least half an hour!)

I told Eric that K and I had decided to try dating, and he half-joked that I was dating a dangerous person. Hahaha, I'm sure he's not really THAT dangerous! (or I'd hope so, at the very least!) He said that we lived in two different cities: so do Jon and Harmony, as did Phil and Grace! Guess long-distance relationships do work out sometimes, despite my cynical view on them a while back! Nate misread a sign that said "NAIL POLISH" as "EVIL POLLS" - I'm guessing the very bright lights didn't help! Jon mooched some money from me, so he better remember to pay me back $20 today. Had one each of Christon's and Nathan's Chinese snacks, one of Jon's octopus balls, and two of my own beef and chicken skewers after they'd been discounted to one dollar each at 11. "One dollar! One dollar!" Nathan saved us most of the walk back to our cars by agreeing to drive illegally - this made someone in the lane next to us at a stoplight look into our car and hold up six fingers inquiringly. Nate then confirmed it, and the guy gave us a thumbs-up. I was the only one wearing a seatbelt (besides Nathan) - the guys were so squished in the back that seatbelts would have been inconvenient! Poor Jeremy was folded over, and I almost forgot that Nate's car is a two-door car! (I'd have to get out in order for anyone in the backseat to exit)

Then I got home, talking to Jon on the way about K and timezones. He also called Nathan after midnight to sing him a BAD rendition of the birthday song, haha. Later, K called me and we talked about a bunch of stuff. Ah, now I understand what Harmony was saying at Christmas about how it was worth it to stay up till 3-4 AM her time in order to talk to Jon! I think my parents and sister have since impressed upon him that he needs to call her earlier during the week since she does have to work the next day, though! Good thing, since she has enough problems with her sleep as it is!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home