Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"You can't stay alone with him, or else you'll have sex!"

Spent the day with my parents going to a farm in Langley that's known for its strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and fruit in general - they also have corn pizza, which was something quirky to try. The drive to Langley reminded me of people I knew there, and rides to Trinity for Summer Conference. After we went to the fruit farm in extremely rainy weather, we went to a turkey farm to get some stuff, then to Blessings Bookstore. (not the one in Coquitlam where Sanne used to work) Quite a drive from Richmond, but I guess my mom thought it was a worthy use of my dad's off day. On the way, they advised / asked me about Korey: "You shouldn't spend time alone! What does he do? Where's his family? He can join us for a family lunch on the Sunday if he has time before his ride takes him back! He's staying with YOU?! Ohhhh... he's going to meet you on Sunday morning from where he is! PHEW! What are you doing on the Saturday? We could have an international family! Is his mom black, or is it his dad? What does Eric think? Why is he so special? Are you sure he's interested in church? Wear this new clothing if you go on a date!" Haha, I expected this!

Spent 90 minutes stuck in traffic, so we decided to go to Yaohan for dinner. Had lamb noodles and hot and sour soup. The noodles were pretty good since they were homemade to order - very chewy! Finding a working womens' washroom proved to be a matter of taking the elevator upstairs to those facilities - had my parents wondering if I'd gotten lost or done a 3-1, haha. The mall reminded me of the time I was there with Josh, and the time I was there with Andrea after Wes and Esther's wedding. Got some blueberries, smoked turkey, a blueberry tart, and dumplings to take home. Upon looking at my money situation, I have enough to make sure Dad's birthday is covered. The rest of the stuff shall wait till next week, then.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home