Thursday, July 26, 2007

I knew I should have left the ringer on...

Hmm. I got two calls from K earlier this afternoon. I'm guessing he fixed his cellphone since that's what my Caller ID displays, which is a good thing. Not sure WHAT he wanted, but I suppose I'll figure that out later. Why can't his phone just go to voicemail like normal without me having to input some "wireless phone number" (which I don't know) just to leave a message?! DARN YOU, ROGERS! (I'm not too lazy to leave one, but I usually hang up at that prompt - methinks I need information, which I'll get sooner or later)

Also, my own mother uses Netspeak... or at least, she shortened the word "you" in an email saying that she and Dad would pick me up at 5:20 across the street since they were taking the black car to Uncle William's. (I know my brother's been known to do the shortening thing on MSN) This is VERY disappointing. Not that I expect her to have a perfect grasp of English language concepts, but this is sad nonetheless. I'll spare you the usual rant on how Netspeak should be abolished in emails and things where you have the time to spell out words, however. If I ever use text messaging, you bet I'll spell out all the words in my transmissions! (I don't cringe when I see Eric, Andrew, and others use it - but sometimes I wonder...)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home