Sunday, June 03, 2007

She's expecting a BABY?! Oh my...

Note to self: Next time T and I are in Richmond, tell him to go to Langley Farm Market in Lansdowne for his groceries. They have a way better selection than the Richmond Farm Market in Richmond Centre!

This morning, I saw a "no bed" message from Corey. Uh, I had to make sure I got at least SOME sleep before church, and going to bed at 1:30 is already pushing it when you consider how long it takes me to fall asleep sometimes! (the sun thing didn't help, either) On the way to church, my mom gave me even more clothing / Mexican caramel lollipops from Vivian S. / a cool Memorial Cup 2007 cap. When I got to church, I said hi to Grace while telling her that I'd heard my brother had terrified her the other day in the parking lot. Guess sneaking up behind her is his idea of a proper welcome to Vancouver, heh. Decided not to bother someone, especially since he was busy talking to someone else. (I am SO vague these days!) Nathan sat with me while Jeremy sat with Jon just behind us, which was fine with me. Rob Stewart spoke, and Daniel expressed surprise at a non-Nehemiah passage: we wouldn't have sped through that book just to focus on Isaiah! He also told us that our rhythm on a black spiritual was good for a bunch of Chinese people - Nathan and I just looked at each other and wondered what the heck was up with THAT assessment!

When we read the Scripture passage together as a congregation, Nathan and I both noticed Jon speeding up. It threw me off a couple of times, and Nathan gave him a LOOK. ("hey man, it's too slow! haha") As this week's Powerpoint person, Citrus had problems keeping up with the rushed sermon - oh well. I saw Winnie and told her that I had given her sister Connie some cards for baby Megan - she asked how on earth I remembered. It's fairly easy, haha... although I've slipped with baby Keegan and baby Gabriel. (next time, haha) Said hi to Emily Lam, and asked how Awana had been yesterday - she asked where I'd been, so I told her that SOMEONE forgot to tell me about a funeral. (oh well, at least I left a message on Melia's cell)

After service, Jeremy and Jon were discussing the macaroni and cheese ingredients / shopping list with Nate - if dinner is at Nathan's, they'll be able to invite more people! Talked to them and Jen for a while, then asked Jeff what was new since people were congratulating him on something. He told me that nothing was new, so I asked Phil - Anita's expecting a baby in November (she's about 3.5 months along), and that was the big news at Awana yesterday. When I jokingly confronted Jeff about this after congratulating him, he said that it wasn't new to HIM since he'd known since March - well, it might be to ME and others! (I just called my sister - cleaning up at Alice Lake - to tell her about this... she was very happy to hear it, as might be expected of someone who loved the news of their wedding!) Jen and Jeremy went off to the 7-11, so I asked Jon if he was going to the new church site prayer thing - we all were, so that was good. Went over to where Melia, Chrystal, Angus, Emily, and Mike were - I asked Melia if she'd gotten my message. She had, and told me that it was okay. You bet Henry didn't tell me! Oh well... Chrystal hadn't set up a lunch date for our small group since they hadn't met at all, but maybe we can do so next week! (just wait - Awana ends in late June, so we may well not have had any lunch meetings, haha!)

Said hi to little Benjamin, a crying baby Keenan (Mommy's fault that she let someone else hold him), and an ant-hunting Megan. Talked to Stella's cousin Peter for a bit - he'd introduced himself on Friday, but didn't recall that despite the fact he remembers my name... so amusing! It was way too hot to stand around, so everyone left early - or maybe we ended late. Went to toddler Sunday School, where everyone was hyper. After that, I went to the new church site prayer function, and talked to Kevin for a bit later. (job interview Tuesday - yikes!) When my parents and I got back to the church, I stood in the shade and talked to Andrew about how it had gone yesterday. The guys killed THREE daddy longlegs, and got "smited" twice because of ice cream bars in the freezer and maybe a big bag of chips which they plan to eat next week if it's still there since it may be someone else's. Adam told me that his brother liked rap (Akon, Snoop Dogg, 50 Cent, etc.) - as long as they don't seriously believe the messages in that kind of music, then that's just this side of okay! (haha) Told Amos that they had Slurpees with cappuccino now at 7-11, which might be interesting to try once.

Soon afterwards, my family went to the #9 restaurant at Lansdowne for lunch. (yin-yang, noodles, and buffalo wings!) Jon told me about Steph's reaction during a prayer meeting to Melia and Angus getting engaged: "They are definitely engaged! I read about it on Facebook!" Mom thinks white wine is too expensive, after hearing Jon tell Christon to get some if he liked. Eh, it's all right... but Jon's correct when he tells Christon to go outside for a few minutes since then he won't feel like eating anymore! (their Mexico meeting ended around 3!) Jon says that Harmony's favorite color is green, told Cindy about the change in dinner venue (and joked that someone else should know), and said Nathan told him that a litre of whole milk was five dollars at Safeway - Mom thought that was impossible! (he got it for $2 with tax) He also bought a licorice bar - it may be the same concept as fennel and star anise, but I dunno about eating that thing! When I got home, I found a message from Andrew sent at 9:35 - "What's up?" Going to church at that time, dude! Now I need to get ready to leave soon - thank goodness I had time to blog and catch up on stuff!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home