Thursday, May 31, 2007

Aji Taro, 4.5 years later / Homestar Runner and fruit

As I requested, Teunis picked me up this afternoon: I have good shower timing, which Eric later thought was impossible. (I don't THINK so!) We went to Aji Taro, and had a good time talking about history / BBC feeds (Ideas!) / abandoned places / LJ friends and their doings (Breklor birthday mass?! Oh my...) / interesting stories / LJ DRAMA / GWAR / the stars / Slashdot / survivor journals / the fallout / recovery. I know about the boy / girl ratio in China, which he think might lead to something like the Viking invasions of long ago since that history was also prompted by similar things. Hope not, but you never know. Seems he's overdue on responding to stuff, but it's understandable - he likes that I linked someone to the bad baby names forum, haha. I don't know if "Jazmin" is a legit spelling for "Jasmine," but I guess it's a bit better than "Jazzmynne" or the other atrocities that could be out there. Then again, Semagic didn't flag it, so maybe it is - or not. Oh well, it's just the spelling and not the actual person - especially since I don't know her! The sushi was quite good, yay!

From there, we went to the mall because he got too tempted by the plates of sizzling beef that occasionally went by. He was going to hit the park, but maybe some other time! Got a surprise when I saw JOHN JUGOVIC of all people there! He asked if I remembered him - yup, even without the reminder that he used to deliver for the Richmond News and the Richmond Review. Says he lives in the Commercial Drive area, and introduced me to his five-year-old son (!) Jaden, who promptly hid behind a display at the pet store. Works at a fish plant in Ladner, but I guess that's not too bad. Interesting, hahaha. Wait till my sibs hear about that! After that encounter, we left and basically laughed over hilarious T-shirts for a while - shiny colorful distractions elsewhere, oh my! I told him about Jon / Fred joking about cougars, and about Jon's saying that Harmony is one... all in fun. (laughing at your own religion could be healthy? *shrug* )

I tried to keep Teunis focused and not so restless, but that went out the window as soon as we reached the new Sakura anime store that's replaced Grand and Toy. (Jamie - jaebird! Otaku! - but it was really OTTAWA on my shirt! Ranma 1/2! Cowboy Bebop! Gundam wing fighters! Lots of other stuff!) At least he bought some lo bak (daikon?!) from the farm market. (among other things) I remembered that I had to buy fruit for tomorrow, so settled on two bags of cherries - later, I bought some honey roasted peanuts from Shoppers (no Irish Spring body wash?!), so I fulfilled my obligations without having to rush about tomorrow afternoon. I'm quite pleased about that. *grin* He wanted to buy Pan's Labyrinth as well as wander around the mall, so we did that. HMV is overpriced, but we still had fun talking about his friend Jordan and his brother Matthew working on various movies and anime stuff. (when we hit Coles later to browse, he saw some Neil Gaiman graphic novels - funky, as well as Lemony Snicket / Bathroom Readers!) He's right, though - I just consulted my Bathroom Reader gift list (which is accurate), and I did not give him one of those for his birthday! Cannibalism, evil historical people, serial killers... ah, good times! Hehehe. Q.E. Park next? (we shall see!)

When I got home, Eric and I engaged in some mock-arguing about my MSN name: hey, don't deny me my love of good shower timing! (if I'd taken a shower just five or so minutes later, Teunis wouldn't have been able to reach me!) He also linked me to Homestar Runner One Two - and I thought he was trying to alert me to respond to some other message! ("if you must know, I was in the washroom for the past minute and a bit!") Then he alerted me to potential allergy concerns with those peanuts: yeah, I know. Says Jen's bringing drinks, and Jeremy's bringing grapes and cookies: this was confirmed when I looked at my email a bit later. Steph also responded to the Sunday dinner thing, saying she's going camping - one litre of gelato or a fudge bar would be cool. (pun intended :P) Now we're trying to see hidden meaning in someone else's blog - haha, it's what he does to bug me! He also figured out that "T" meant "Teunis" in the fruit email I sent out, haha. Good times.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home