Sunday, June 03, 2007

Popeye's Red Beans and Rice

It's way too sunny outside, which resulted in my waking before 7! Trying to pull the blankets over my head in order to get more sleep just didn't work - sometimes I hate having an east-facing room! I NEED COFFEE! Guess I'll see what happens later with the dinner thing, which will be cool. My mom seems to think that Eric will go and be our ride home, but he'll be TIRED from a wedding in Victoria and bringing his friend along. Maybe Nathan will be... however, I don't have any preconceived notions like SOMEBODY does!


POPEYE'S RED BEANS AND RICE

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 6 Preparation Time: 0:00
Categories: Beans / Red

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

1 cup Uncle Ben's long grain rice - cooked
2 cans Red chili beans in chili gravy-- 1 lb. each
1 tablespoon Chili powder
1/4 tablespoon Cumin
1 Dash garlic salt

In saucepan, heat beans without letting them boil. Stir in chili powder, cumin, and garlic salt. When piping hot, spoon chili mixture into 6 small dishes, adding a few tablespoons of hot cooked rice to each serving. Season with Chili Seasoning Mix, if desired. 270 cal, 5.9 grams fat, 60% fat.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home