Sunday, May 20, 2007

My bag's so much lighter without the candy! / Yay for cleared fines!

On the way over to church this morning, Steph told me to remind Randal about the dinner tomorrow. He could be like Eric and forget if you tell him too far in advance, after all. (I've experienced this forgetful guy tendency before) I was going to do so when I saw him, but he was busy preparing to do the sound - it was interesting when Stanley's electric guitar was apparently miked all the way up to 11. ;) Realizing that I still had time before select people streamed into service, I said hi to Hannah and Priscilla. I decided to give them these two full bags of Ziploc candy (and gave them yet another one after Sunday School, along with a Tootsie Roll piggy bank) - they were amazed at the sheer amount of candy in these medium-sized bags! ("How are we going to finish all this candy, Hannah?" "You can give it to your friends, girls!") Meh, my mom has a lot of candy she's given to me recently and I don't want to eat it all... 'tis my being practical. I won't junk it if it can go to people who WILL eat it! I gave Natalie a butterfly journal later on that my mom gave me for the cruise - I already wrote it up in my offline journal during said event, and I refuse to throw the very thin journal away! (it might make up for the fact she can't eat the potentially nut-filled candy in my bags...) Everyone thanked me for the stuff, and Pastor Edward's daughter Audrey (who sat with them) was also very surprised when I told them about the amount of junk food my mom has at her house! (one or two shelves in the laundry room, a whole kitchen cupboard, the whole living room table, some end tables, and under the tables too!)

Said hi to Joey / Citrus while waving hi to baby Joshua, and reminded Chrystal about lunch today - she totally forgot, and wishes she had my good memory! Maybe we'll figure something out on the weekend... I sat with Jen and Dawn in one pew - Andrea was going to join us, but then saw Elaine (back from Hawaii?) and sat with her instead... ah, what can you do about best friends? We expressed thankfulness that the offering bag was NOT the Communion tray with grape juice since I had to go across to the other end of the pew to hand it to Cindy. ("here... have all this... oh crap! *spill* ") Later, Andrea announced a Sunday School Open House - a bunch of people must have noticed that "senior" was spelled INCORRECTLY (with a U?!), since it was in bold and underlined in red. I know Jen and I commented on it to each other! (maybe Melia and Becky - who's back for a year - said stuff too) On the way out of service, Darren joked that I could push people over in order to hurry up and get out of there - sure, and then I'll blame you for giving me the idea! Dianne confused the front and back of the room: the ramp would be slippery!

Went downstairs and did some stuff, then went outside in the pouring rain to catch people before they left for Sunday School. Talked to Mike and Emily about new white shoes, talked to Auntie Ying about how Jon knows how to lead worship, and managed to actually catch Randal on his way to Sunday School after doing stuff - phew, since that was my primary motivation in standing under umbrellas! I was a bit abrupt and "businesslike" (as Steph calls it), but he knows his duties, haha. (I'm using "duty" in a joking sense here, since he doesn't HAVE to do anything!) At least he'll definitely call me when he gets here tomorrow - maybe before he leaves, too. (must leave phone on after I wake up...) This reminds me: I forgot to give him his stuff AGAIN, and it'll largely be irrelevant by the time he gets it tomorrow, sigh. Went to toddler Sunday School, where there were only two kids - perfect! Little Sean was pretty good, and liked the distraction of the rainbow stickers and insect book this week - he sat for a long time! He seemed to say "picnic" to us, hehe.

After Sunday School, I told Andrew that I'd screwed up last week with the picnic - he said that everyone screws up, and at least it was "just" the picnic. He then told me a "secret," and Michelle C. tried telling me that he was gay. Haha, I don't think so! Then I talked to Auntie Vivian for a while about the two picnics, and how Jeremy and I had told each other that our excuse for missing one wasn't very good. ("it's too early and we won't wake up!") She mentioned that she'd seen my brother holding hands with a girl yesterday evening at church - when I told Jon about this later, he thought that everyone already knew about Harmony, haha! (Andrea and Jen will get to meet her this time out, yay!) After watching some of the little kids play with each other, I told Lawrence that my bag was a lot lighter now without the three full bags of candy and such in it - he thought I was talking about school and textbooks, but I've been long done that by now!

I went upstairs to see if Sunday School was over yet - nope, so I commiserated with Auntie Christina about it. I managed to catch Cordia just as she was leaving when it DID let out, so I could ask her for an email address. She told me what hers was, but since she was in a hurry and couldn't write it down, I told her I'd ask my sister to send it to me. (she likes the FINAL EXITS book, so she might like the Morbid Facts newsletter!) Lanie asked if this was the day we were supposed to meet for lunch: yes, but I told her that Chrystal forgot to email reminders out to everyone. Said hi to Christon and Tony when they came from Sunday School, while Emily told Joey to get some Fisherman's Friends for her. Joey told her to text him with that instead, so I wondered if his memory was really that bad - no, he just forgets everything his sister tells him! Discussed my newest book with Christon (who may be able to drive Tony to the 24 finale tomorrow), then went to Pho with my family and Tony. Good times: we talked about Nazirite vows with haircutting / no drinking, Wal-Mart, parents paying for some stuff, no student loans, lamb instead of chicken, rites of passage, beer, being an Awana games director next year, different club philosophies, training videos, birthdays, pieing Sam with two thick cream pies for his birthday, Floodlight, food budgeting, Granny Smith apples, "dream of being dependent" vs. "dream of being independent," etc.

While our parents shopped at Shoppers Drug Mart, my brother and I went to the Cambie Library. He wanted to use my card to borrow a few CDs since he was already up to the limit on his - I told him I'd see about the amount of the fine on my card first! The librarian cleared it for me since it had been seven years, and no titles were associated with it - phew! Had to change my address information on there for their records, too: I don't even remember what the amount was, to be honest. (not sure why I didn't pay all of it, either!) So then I was able to borrow a book on the world's first Internet serial killer, who used bondage to lure his victims, as well. Jon was surprised that it had apparently been seven years since I used the card - maybe not that long, but at least two or three years? Heh, at least my Vancouver one has no fines on it whatsoever! (and I can renew his CDs and such online too!) "dream of being dependent" vs. "dream of being independent," Got home to find offline messages from Chinese Eric saying that he has to pick up Fay this evening from her employers, who were in Edmonton for a bit. Guess we'll have to reschedule again! Suppose it's all good, though - Windows Live Messenger CAN let you send offliners like that, which is useful. Now I can go through dungeons and space adventures without worrying about phone calls or the time! ;) (the TQC community-related ones are next on my list, then mine and those of three new friends!) Thought of another reason why I might not want to go on Friday - I don't want to be confused with the other person who practically shares my name! Oh well, I'll deal... :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home